• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Isn't that the truth @Williamsone46 , it is funny how Yamaha works. It is very apparent they listen. It is really funny that they would go half way to improve the bow roller, actually making it worse than the black rubber one that they used to use. I would think at the level they have moved their boats to, they would spec a good polly roller like a Stolz on the trailer.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think it's very important to point out that Yamaha doesn't spec the bow roller, Shorelandr does. I believe Yamaha has approached Shorelandr about the possibly of spec a different roller with out any luck. Also if there is any warranty claim to repair the bow or replace the roller Shorelandr pays it not Yamaha. It seems in order for Yamaha to get a new roller they would have to go with a different trailer manufacture. I personally like the Shorelandr trailer and don't have have a problem with replacing the roller in ordered to have this trailer.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yamaha is the big dog in the fight, if they say put a different roller on it, I suspect Shorelandr would do that. I have to think that sometimes there is lip service that is shifting a pointing finger, when the focus does belong where it is. The issue with not having a good roller from the start, is that the boat is scratched and scuffed the first time it is used. I don't mind changing it, just another $50 right? But getting it buffed out is tougher than that and requires more effort. I would like to see Yamaha push on Shorelandr a little if they are indeed the endgame here. I agree, the shorelandr is far and above the previous MFI and hate to see them move away, when there is very little wrong with it.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The problem is that it's not a problem. Only a tenth of our customers complain about it on a bad year. So when Yamaha looks at it from a nation wide level and only a very small percentage are having issues it's easier to take care of and replace the very small margin of customers than replace everyones when everyone isn't having the same issue. Shorelandr is adamant that it's not a problem and that it's customer error.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think I'm in love..! Finally got it on the water today, and I was impressed all around and it's not the first time I've drove one.
20140924_175030.jpg 20140924_174951.jpg

Last edited:

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shorelandr makes a pretty good trailer, but they use some custom parts that hard to come by in a repair.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice pics @Williamsone46 And beautiful boat!

Is it me or is the deck higher up off the water on the '15s. I was thinking the deck was lower on the newer models. That almost looks like the height of my '07.

Maybe I missed it somewhere but do you have any pics of the engine bay?

Thanks

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@96Pirate The swim deck height is about the same as the 2014's. my wife and kids and are in the bow on the port side so it's leaning to the port and nose down.

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The boat is Beautiful!! thanks for the pictures.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice new photos. Many Thanks for sharing. Love the QUALITY photography, ON the water ! :thumbsup:
Best Ishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So I drove a 2015 24' in Miami, but between all the people on the boat and the weather I don't think I got a great feel for it. After spending a considerable amount of time on mine yesterday, I'm quite a bit more impressed with the quite cruise. Where after Miami I thought it was a slight improvement but not a huge one. Yesterday seemed like a huge one, cruising at around @ 35-40 mph I could talk across the cockpit without any problem to either my wife or my kids without having to yell or raise my voice at all. And I can't say enough how much I'm a fan of the articulating keel. Huge improvement in handling and straight line tacking, it's effortless to drive. Yamaha has really hit a home run with the 24' model. I would highly suggest that if possible to hit up a dealer during one of their on the water demo days or a member to go for a spin and see for each of yours selves, whether you have interests in buying one or are just a Yamaha boat enthusiast I think it's worth it.

Last edited:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's a long video.
Oh man.... I LOVE the sound. I know the 240 series sounded different from my 230 to begin with, but that thing has a great deep rumble.

Now if only we can reverse-engineer some of that sound-deadening....

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
GREAT video ! Loved the low-pitched rumble, as opposed to our current high-pitched deafening SCREAM.
Thanks for creating and sharing - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA