• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2019 242 Limited SE audio build and modifications thread

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, my REV 10’s shipped out today. Their replacements are on the way. I guess most of you can guess what’s coming next!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did a little test fitting today. Look like I may not have to drill new holes and relocate. These things are monsters!5CC43981-CDED-43E0-BAB2-366A0D9D00D9.jpeg063A4F3D-DD9C-4573-BAAE-E989EE5A3D45.jpeg

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your gonna need a bigger boat :wideyed:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! Wear a helmet 👍🪖
They actually hang about .5 inches HIGHER than the previous REV 10’s I had on there. But, they are deeper and therefore extend further forward from the mounting point. I think we’ll be ok

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They actually hang about .5 inches HIGHER than the previous REV 10’s I had on there. But, they are deeper and therefore extend further forward from the mounting point. I think we’ll be ok
Wow that’s cool

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did a little test fitting today. Look like I may not have to drill new holes and relocate. These things are monsters!View attachment 194516View attachment 194517
Have you had a chance to listen to them at full tilt? Are you powering each pair with a Sinister 2 (SDX-2)? What are your impressions compared to the rev 10s? I’ve heard the mid bass is substantially better compared to the rev10s, true? Also heard that the rev-12s aren’t as “bright” sounding compared to the 10s, true? Sorry for the 20 questions…. Just stoked and can’t wait to throw 4 on my next build. Not much honest feedback out there yet on these speakers especially when powered with the SDX-2

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have you had a chance to listen to them at full tilt? Are you powering each pair with a Sinister 2 (SDX-2)? What are your impressions compared to the rev 10s? I’ve heard the mid bass is substantially better compared to the rev10s, true? Also heard that the rev-12s aren’t as “bright” sounding compared to the 10s, true? Sorry for the 20 questions…. Just stoked and can’t wait to throw 4 on my next build. Not much honest feedback out there yet on these speakers especially when powered with the SDX-2
I have yet to hear them. When they were announced last year, I was dead set on getting them but then sort of backed off for a bit and thought I’d keep my Rev 10’s. A few weeks ago we went to Turks and Caicos on vacation and chartered a wake boat for the day. This company has like 6 all out wake boats including 4 super air nautiques and a couple of Axis boats…..all fully decked out in wetsounds. They had a G25 there with REV 12’s and when I saw them I immediately said imma have to have them. I’ll be running them on the same SDX2 at 2ohm for a total of about 300w each. I’d love to bridge an SDX4 to each pair, but that’s not in budget right now. I have heard all them same reviews as you, but you’re right, there is really not a lot out there in terms of real world comparisons and reviews. As soon as I get them up and running, I’ll report back. I’m also in the process of going a different route with my battery set up. Pretty sure I’m going to running 4 6v golf cart batteries this year for a total of 430ah.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great feed back but have a few questions:

"I’ll be running them on the same SDX2 at 2ohm for a total of about 300w each."
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Rev-12's are 4ohm speakers?
- Doesn't the Sinister 2 Channel (SDX2) runs 400 watts per channel at 4ohm? This is actually the amp that Wet Sounds recommends.

Patiently awaiting your real world feed back on these speakers. I'm doing an over the top build on our next boat and cant wait to hear you feed back.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great feed back but have a few questions:

"I’ll be running them on the same SDX2 at 2ohm for a total of about 300w each."
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Rev-12's are 4ohm speakers?
- Doesn't the Sinister 2 Channel (SDX2) runs 400 watts per channel at 4ohm? This is actually the amp that Wet Sounds recommends.

Patiently awaiting your real world feed back on these speakers. I'm doing an over the top build on our next boat and cant wait to hear you feed back.
Yes the SDX2 does 400w per speaker when running two speakers in a 4 ohm load. If you run it in a 2 ohm load (ie, 4 REV’s) it does 620w per channel…..so around 310watts per speaker. Once I get them project finished I’ll take some detailed pics and measurements to see if 6 would be feasible for you.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wires through the tower and REV 12 HD’s mounted. Need another couple of hours to make the connections and start tuning!

59E9CDB1-B4A9-49F8-A115-2B892DD23B2D.jpeg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Sotally Tober I have never personally heard the REV 410’s …. but I can tell you that everything you’ve heard about the REV 12’s is spot on. I still have some tuning to do and a few details to square away like rotating the logos on the back of the 12’s, but there is a considerable difference in the all around sound of these compared to the REV 10. At one point I had the subs off while tuning, and at full tilt standing next to the tower speakers, you could feel the punchyness of the mid bass in your chest. While still a little brighter than a coaxial, they are MUCH warmer and more well rounded sounding. Are they louder???? Yeah maybe a little. Hard to say at this point inside of a building.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Sotally Tober I have never personally heard the REV 410’s …. but I can tell you that everything you’ve heard about the REV 12’s is spot on. I still have some tuning to do and a few details to square away like rotating the logos on the back of the 12’s, but there is a considerable difference in the all around sound of these compared to the REV 10. At one point I had the subs off while tuning, and at full tilt standing next to the tower speakers, you could feel the punchyness of the mid bass in your chest. While still a little brighter than a coaxial, they are MUCH warmer and more well rounded sounding. Are they louder???? Yeah maybe a little. Hard to say at this point inside of a building.
Great to hear! I don't think there is any need for the Rev 12's to be louder than the Rev 10's as they already scream. Now, the mid base punch on the other hand... that is definitely where the 10's were lacking and I'm stoked to hear that Wet Sounds has improved that on the 12s.

I think I'm going to be throwing 6 Rev-12's on my 2024 build! Can't wait to hear further feedback.

Have you had an opportunity to hear Wet Sounds new ZERO Speaker line?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great to hear! I don't think there is any need for the Rev 12's to be louder than the Rev 10's as they already scream. Now, the mid base punch on the other hand... that is definitely where the 10's were lacking and I'm stoked to hear that Wet Sounds has improved that on the 12s.

I think I'm going to be throwing 6 Rev-12's on my 2024 build! Can't wait to hear further feedback.

Have you had an opportunity to hear Wet Sounds new ZERO Speaker line?
I have not heard the ZERO line yet. The thought has crossed my mind to replace the REVO 6’s on the swim deck with them since they are a compression driver as well.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It’s official. I’ll be listing my 242SE for sale sometime between the beginning/end of August. Kids have outgrown water sports and I’ll be moving to a center console.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s official. I’ll be listing my 242SE for sale sometime between the beginning/end of August. Kids have outgrown water sports and I’ll be moving to a center console.
Congrats my man. Wife and I as well are currently debating the exact same move. What you got your eye on?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats my man. Wife and I as well are currently debating the exact same move. What you got your eye on?
It will be a Tidewater of some kind. Looking at the 2500 Bay, 232 CC and 256 CC.