• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Yamaha boat is such a disappointment mean to me

I just sold my 2016 ar240 that I bought new (Thank god.). This boat had check engine lights from the first minute it hit the water. Every time I took it in. ( 2 separate dealers 4 times) they said nothing is wrong. . I bought this because I thought what could be more reliable than twin Yamaha motors in a new boat. Yamaha is useless to deal with. They will newer get another dollar from me.

YDS is worth the money in situations like this. You can diagnose and make repairs without going to the dealer and having your boat down for sometimes weeks at a time if not longer.

My first boat was a lemon. Yamaha sucked to deal with but eventually it was taken care of. I now have 3 Yamahas sitting in my Yard ?‍♂️ . Not a fan of how they run things but generally they are super reliable and they have no real competition.

I’m sorry but I have no sympathy for Yamaha. From reading the threads it is apparent that they have a real issue with the electronics on these boats. This isn’t a rare problem with a few boats, it is the norm. The scary thing is they don’t know what the problem is, or they are covering it up because they don’t want to take the financial hit to fix it. This will bite them in the ass ( trust me ) and it will be wholly deserved. They are guilty of taking $50, 000.00 plus dollars from mostly working family guys, selling them faulty equipment, then telling them to F off. Let’s tell the truth and call it what it is.

Hard to believe so many are sitting on their hands and biting their tongues, or that it took 7 years of apparently constant problems to finally push the sell button, but it certainly sounds like a cover up was decided on, now all that's left is to determine how high up the chain this cover up goes. Who's got the number for Shaggy or Scooba? ??

Hard to believe so many are sitting on their hands and biting their tongues, or that it took 7 years of apparently constant problems to finally push the sell button, but it certainly sounds like a cover up was decided on, now all that's left is to determine how high up the chain this cover up goes. Who's got the number for Shaggy or Scooba? ??
Yamaha might just have gotten away with it, if not for those meddling kids!

I’m sorry but I have no sympathy for Yamaha. From reading the threads it is apparent that they have a real issue with the electronics on these boats. This isn’t a rare problem with a few boats, it is the norm.

Well there is your problem, you truly believe that 5, 6 or even a dozen threads are representative of thousands of boats? You need to get off the internet. Or you have been on TikTok too long and the algorithm thinks you like conspiracy theories and just keeps feeding them to you till you believe it.

As explained in many of the threads you have already read, the quantity of reported failures needs to hit a certain level before Yamaha releases a TSB (technical Service bulletin) and once it reaches an even higher level they issue a recall, or a stop ride/ stop sale. None of those thresholds have been met. And a dozen threads are not representative of all those thousands of Yamaha owners that never come to a forum like this, as they have no problems to research. This quote above is laughable at best.

Good luck with Yamaha. But let's just say, telling them the sky is falling without actual numbers will probably get you ignored for being a looney. You have a valid issue and a valid claim, leave it at that. But as mentioned, your one experience will not sway all the happy owners here that are NOT experiencing the same issue.

As explained in many of the threads you have already read, the quantity of reported failures needs to hit a certain level before Yamaha releases a TSB (technical Service bulletin) and once it reaches an even higher level they issue a recall, or a stop ride/ stop sale. None of those thresholds have been met. And a dozen threads are not representative of all those thousands of Yamaha owners that never come to a forum like this, as they have no problems to research. This quote above is laughable at best.

Seems like there was a recent thread around here for a recall and/or stop sale notification for some issue with new boats, but I'm not what you would call a truth teller, or someone who calls it like it is ?‍♂️?

First off what division of Yamaha do you work for’? I am thinking PR. So exactly how many customers have to be screwed out of $50000.00 dollars before Yamaha feels that they should do something about it. Is it 10 or 100 maybe 1000 give me a number. I think not one, if it was your money you wouldn’t have unwavering devotion to a Companty that is ripping people off. Something is wrong with you. If you want me to go away stfu and quit responding to me. I sold my boat I don’t care any more.

First off what division of Yamaha do you work for’? I am thinking PR. So exactly how many customers have to be screwed out of $50000.00 dollars before Yamaha feels that they should do something about it. Is it 10 or 100 maybe 1000 give me a number. I think not one, if it was your money you wouldn’t have unwavering devotion to a Companty that is ripping people off. Something is wrong with you. If you want me to go away stfu and quit responding to me. I sold my boat I don’t care any more.
If you truly dont care anymore then why are you still here? Go find a yamaha bashing forum to push your view. There are thousands of members here and I have never heard of mutiple problems like yours.
Every mass manufacturer of anything like a boat, car, motorcycle, etc is bound to have a few lemons out there. I work for Toyota and while they sell thousands every week they have some lemons too.
You wont get much members here in agreement with you so just move along and start you very own "Yamaha sucks website " and see how much traffic you get

You signed up, made less than a handful of posts, waited S-E-V-E-N years to sell what you're calling a ripoff or screwjob of a boat, and you're telling US to stfu? You'll forgive me if I call your experience into question - and NO, I won't "trust you" about anything.

You haven't invested a second of your time to note the posts from these forum members who have verifiable concerns, complaints or rants about their own boats. You don't give a second's consideration of such opinions like @adrianp89's - who shares some concerns with you, or engage in conversation, - we're all just shills and Yamaha PR people, and your proclamations should be looked at as gospel.

If YOU can't take a little humor sent your way after saying such things about people here, right back atcha, take a page of your own advice and
go away stfu and quit responding

Last edited:
Seems like there was a recent thread around here for a recall and/or stop sale notification for some issue with new boats, but I'm not what you would call a truth teller, or someone who calls it like it is ?‍♂️?
yes there was, as it was the steering cable mfg had an issue with the bracket holding the cables on the non drive models. Enough units were effected to force Yamaha to issue the recal and stop drive/sale.

The point was, there have not been enough issues similar to what the OP was experiencing to even issue a TSB, let alone recognize it as anything more than an isolated failure. And that is what warranty is for, to take care of mfg defects. But not to badmouth the entire line of boats, as that's just untrue.

Back