• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a new fuel tank!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very unfortunate. Can you try this? Put something under the trailer jack in the front and jack the front of the trailer up as much as possible. If your gas tank is still full of fuel, I'm wanting you to look around the top of the tank while it's jacked up. Look specifically around the vent hose connection and the gaskets around the top of the fuel pumps. Actually, just look at EVERYTHING connected to see if you spot a leak. Even if it is just dripping. Oh, and make sure you inspect the tank before you jack it up and make sure it is clean and dry, so you can spot any leaks easier. My money is here for a leak.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm betting on filler neck as well, especially if it fills up to where there is gas in the neck.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been cleaning up and cleaning out the boat for winter storage. When I take it to Yamaha I will give them a heads up on all of these points. Here's a photo of the floor area where my hatch is. I assume that line is where they would cut if the tank needed to be removed, worse case scenario. I hope to get the boat cleaned and to them by Saturday. Need answers!

fuel tank floor.jpeg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would be willing to bet that is exactly what that line is in there for. Makes a good place for a easily hidden repair. I would not be surprised if they have a procedure for what and how to cut for that.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been cleaning up and cleaning out the boat for winter storage. When I take it to Yamaha I will give them a heads up on all of these points. Here's a photo of the floor area where my hatch is. I assume that line is where they would cut if the tank needed to be removed, worse case scenario. I hope to get the boat cleaned and to them by Saturday. Need answers!

View attachment 13370
I always wondered if the perforated groove was for possible entry?

cut.png

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would be willing to bet that is exactly what that line is in there for. Makes a good place for a easily hidden repair. I would not be surprised if they have a procedure for what and how to cut for that.
Ha...I just seen you posted the same about the line. Yea, I thought of that when I had the 06 and was like...why? Then when I got the 2014 the entire floor comes up I was like wow. Im sure they wish they had done this in the beginning.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
here was the first one....I messed up on......

cut.png

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@latitudeadjuster: Can you invert it, animate the hatch opening/closing and add a jingle?

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should have around half an inch clearance from the bottom of the fuel sender to the bottom of the tank, Your fuel sender should measure just a fraction under 12 inches so drop a metal tape measure in the tank and see what the difference is it should be about half an inch, At least you will know if this is causing a problem, I would try every possible option before i started cutting away at the deck, Good Luck.
I managed to dig a few Photos out i hope there of some help it shows the length of your sender unit maybe they fitted the wrong one and caused a problem with the tank, It's my original sender unit before i changed it but it shows the actual length so you can check against yours its the same I'm sure it's the one without the float, I changed for the 2 wire version with the float, Good Luck.

IMG_1352.JPG IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1356.JPG IMG_1355.JPG

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I managed to dig a few Photos out i hope there of some help it shows the length of your sender unit maybe they fitted the wrong one and caused a problem with the tank, It's my original sender unit before i changed it but it shows the actual length so you can check against yours its the same I'm sure it's the one without the float, I changed for the 2 wire version with the float, Good Luck.

View attachment 13398 View attachment 13399 View attachment 13400 View attachment 13401
I replaced the fuel sender and the old one was not rubbing on the bottom of the tank. We can cross that one off the list. Thanks for sharing though!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
does that floor have boobs? If so, that's my new profile pic! ;)
yes, they are boob prints....lol...the guys got tired of checking back on this thread every 3 hours.....lmao

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
October is save the Ta Ta's month....just sayin

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
LMAO...
@MutherTucker you made that your profile pic.....im dying!!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh boy!!! You are going to fit right in at the Shelbyville gathering next year Renee!!
Hehe, I've been known to be of the clown variety....

Can't wait for the Shelbyville gathering, I live on the E dock at Lithia Springs Marina. Thank goodness I have all winter to fix my gas leak issue. :(

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hehe, I've been known to be of the clown variety....

Can't wait for the Shelbyville gathering, I live on the E dock at Lithia Springs Marina. Thank goodness I have all winter to fix my gas leak issue. :(
We're you able to jack up the front of the trailer and inspect the hoses and gaskets on the fuel tank while it was lifted up? I'd think for sure you'd find the leak that way.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You didn't have a leak before they fitted a new sender so it will be something silly like the gasket is leaking or fuel connection coupling, They've disturbed something I'm pretty sure of that.