• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need axles... MFI trailer, AR 230... Lengths?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BikGS, could you post a picture of your trailer after the axle swap?

My thinking is that the 89" axles should have moved the hubs in 2.5" from their factory position. Perhaps your new wheels had an offset that made up for that?

Did you measure your factory axles or have factory and new axles beside each other?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are zero offset wheels so they would not change the position.

My axles are at least 94”. The tires are near the outside of the fenders. There may be enough fender width to allow for moving them in 2.5” with 89” axles. If I were changing both I might consider that.

Attachments

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's likely the case. I had to do both axles, so it wasn't an issue for me. Truth be told, if I was doing it over again, I'd have gone slightly wider axles.

Toddanddaneen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just replaced one of my axles on my trailer. The one I ordered was 93.5 inches hub face. Then I put on the rotors for the new brakes and that put me at 94 inches exactly which is what the other axle is.