• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boater: 2021 SX190

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm new to boating, much less jet boating. :D
My experience has been a handful of underpowered pontoon rentals.

I picked up my new 2021 SX190 from Phil Dill Boats in Lweisville, TX on July 23, 2021.
We are wet slipping at Pier 121 Marina (Safe Harbor)

I just picked it from the 10 hour service and a few mods.
-- Cobra Jet Steering
-- installed Garmin EchoMap 43cv
-- Added rod holders
-- Got the bow filler cushions from the 195.

I'll add my impressions of the Cobrat Jet steering after we get it in the water and do some boating this weekend.

Attachments

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What's a good soap/wash to use on the hull when I rinse off at the dock?

Gmole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use 50/50 distilled water and vinegar. Followed by Driven quick spray concentrate. No water spots and a shiny finish. 50/50 distilled water and alcohol for glass and Microfiber clothes

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat and :Welcome: to the forum. It's a great place to be. I had the same model as you as my first jet boat; 2015. Loved it! Had some great times in that boat. I've since traded it in for a Chaparral 22'. Good luck and have fun!!!

Oh, you'll love the Cobra steering system. It makes a world of difference. :thumbsup:

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

WOW! A definite difference the CobraJet Steering makes! It was a bit windy both days this past weekend and putzing around the no wake zones was no problemo. No more sawing back & forth. What a fantastic product! I'm super happy with this boat now.

Happy Boating!
😎