• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member, first time boat owner... am I doing this right?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tow my FSH210 with a 4Runner I got to match it and leave with it in FL for the winter, it tows fine but you always know it’s back there. I towed the boat with my Titan last weekend and forgot it was there, I mean it never felt it. When I saw it in the mirror I was like wow it’s there. I would go bigger next time just did not want to drop the extra $. I was always told no weight distribution hitch for boat trailers, but live and learn I’ll look into this one thank you @nawlinstornado. I did Mardi Gras one year holy cow what a great time you guys throw down there!!!!
What engine do you have in that 4Runner? I've got the Lexus GX470, and I'll notice it when the brakes grab over some crack/gravel/bump, but it tows perfectly fine. The wife asked the neighbor to jump in the car once when pulling it out, and he commented about how surprised he was - "doesn't even feel like it's back there". I know mine has a V8 and you've got a V6, but I woulda thought there wouldn't be that big a difference.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2018 limited with a 6 in it. It tows fine, I took it to the keys in the fall and back to NY in the spring and will head back there soon. 3,000 miles no problem, but you know it is there. With the truck it just has no effect on it at all like it is not there. You pass someone and look in your mirror to pull back in and I’m like oh crap the boat is there I need a little more room.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just thought I'd post an update. Took the boat out on Lake Pontchartrain Saturday for a good shakedown and lunch at one of the local marina bars. I'm really impressed with this thing! Definitely takes some getting used to docking and mooring but I got through the day with no damage and a lot better understanding of how to maneuver at low speeds. Went ahead and ordered a set of the Lectrotab trim tabs w/ALC controller so I can feel a bit more comfortable crossing the center of the lake. I'll probably end up installing Thrust Vectors before the next season but I'm going to practice more before making that decision. The biggest driver for me, though, is if it makes the boat easier to control for newbies. I'd like to feel more relaxed turning the helm over to someone who isn't used to a jetboat.