• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New shorelander trailer falling apart!

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had all 5 balanced the day i picked it up.. small help but not enough.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am not sure why some have the bounce issues, because most don't with the Shorelandr. Regardless, the trailer comes stock with bias ply trailer tires that are not intended to be balanced. That doesn't prevent you from balancing them, but balancing won't buy you much on a bias ply tire. Many guys that want a truer rolling trailer just make the change to radial tires.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
anyone else with a 2015 24' having issues with thier trailer? Last week I noticed while gassing up that the fender bolts were very loose. I tightened them all up. This week it seemed that the fender was rattling on the highway, after getting home I noticed another bolt gone altogether. You may want to check your trailer for loose bolts!!
I lost two one those bolt coming home from the dealer

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My shorelander has been sitting at the dealer for two weeks. It bounces like mad at 68mph... and yes all my fenders were cracked up where the mounting bolts were. I noticed my two screws just came out of my bathroom lower door. luckily i found them and reattached them but i have many screws that are loose on the boat..why? don't they use locktite at the factory at all?
My feders om tne trailor vibrate really bad

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No way in hell that trailer should be bouncing and vibrating like that. Sounds like somebody curbed it when they were delivering it to the dealer. Bent wheel?

I just got back from a trip which entailed about 2000 miles round trip with my shore lander. No vibration, cracked fenders, or loose bolts. Your dealer needs to get you another trailer, period.

Corbitt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bolts fell out of my Winch mount.....The front one came completely out the FIRST TIME i was towing my boat, so the back bolt had to bear all the force... bent the base...

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well after 5 weeks i finally got new fenders as they were all cracked and 5 new wheels and tires. It still pulls and bounces like crap. At 68mph it shakes my truck.
What size wheels and tires for radials should i go with now?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've noticed the same thing right around that speed. I thought I had truck problems.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Tahoe and I told my wife this week on the way to the lake it rode terrible between 65 and 70. I just had all new suspension done on the Tahoe and thought maybe I needed new tires but it sounds like maybe I don't need nothing on the truck and need to look at the trailer

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The only thing shorelander can say is the bias are only rated for 65mph which is to low.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya and really my Tahoe doesn't like pulling it any faster than 65 especially to the lake it feels like we r always goin up hill but I leave it there if I had to pull it every week that Tahoe might not last 2 summers. I have a ram I should be pulling with but I drive it to work all week and hate to have to spend one more minute in it when the work weeks over

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it too F-ing much to ask to just have shit work out when you drop $50k+ on a brand new boat and trailer. . . . . Shit like this literally boils my blood.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your telling me. We trailer 2.5 hrs each trip and at 65 it sucks. We are missing our shipping cover also.. The dealer says they threw it away because we bought a mooring cover... This has not been a positive experience at all. Dealer states it is turbulent from the pickup shaking the trailer...or cross winds...I hate dealers.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your telling me. We trailer 2.5 hrs each trip and at 65 it sucks. We are missing our shipping cover also.. The dealer says they threw it away because we bought a mooring cover... This has not been a positive experience at all. Dealer states it is turbulent from the pickup shaking the trailer...or cross winds...I hate dealers.
I got the nice cover also but that shipping cover is pretty nice and if I didn't have my boat in a slip I would have used my shipping cover for at least the first year it's pretty heavy duty. It sucks that it's not a good experience when people make a big purchase. I think dealers loose touch with common people that may only get the chance to buy 1 or 2 new boats like this ever and they don't treat it like the big deal it is for most of us. It was definately my biggest purchase other than my home and the first new thing I've ever had so it is a pretty big deal. Hope it gets better. I would stay on the dealer until they make it right screw that I'd be in that place or on the phone they would either help make it right or have to move locations to shake me. Have they got in and felt the ride or are they just telling you this shit to see if you'll let. Them

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm a builder and I can say I have built houses that settle horribly and it causes problems. For most people it's not that there is a problem it is how that problem is felt with that matters. I make sure they know that we build them all to the same standards and that we do care about fixing it to make them happy. I feel like the dealers should do the same. I realize they don't build the boat so I can't blame them for the screws that are all loose and all the crap that we have had to deal with but they should show that they give a dam if they r going to sell the things

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here were my fenders after only having it for two week. They replaced them but it took 2 more weeks of the trailer sitting in the shop. And now i am left with buying new wheels and tires for $1000 just to be able to tow a brand new top of their line boat to the water.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It could be a tire balance issue. They typically don't balance trailer tires. Might be worth it to smooth it out.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
30 miles from the dealer i had all 5 balanced. It didn't help much if at all. See above.

2015-05-11 19.41.14.jpg 2015-05-11 19.40.47.jpg

Last edited: