• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New shorelander trailer falling apart!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
At least the tire tech had a clipboard in there to prevent accidental crack.
Bias Ply sucks. I've been down this road with a travel trailer. No matter what I did the interior of the trailer was literally tearing itself apart every tow.

I ended up with new rims, LT tires and Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers. I'm not sure if Centramatics would work well in a marine environment.
http://www.centramatic.com/balancers.rhtml

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well for those who are still having issues with the trailer fenders I may have found part of the problem. It seems they don't pre-bend the diamond plate before bolting it on. It just acts like a giant spring pulling up on the fender and tearing the diamond plate. Here are pics with the old plate on top and the new one I pre bent underneath. That much tension on the metal is causing it to rip and the fender to bounce it think. 20160515_141231.jpg20160515_141250.jpg 20160515_141243.jpg

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know of an available fender mod for these trailers? My fenders are plastic on my new 2016 AR240. I'd love to change them out to steel or real diamond plate. Very disappointed on how cheap they are. My 19' rinker had a better trailer manufactured by Trailmaster. It was much more heavy duty than this trailer.

scubarick314

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know towing was not pleasant before I replaced the biased ply with radials. I was told that two wheels could not be balanced. After replacing the tires I towed from Kentucky to Florida without the problems. I also lost a fender bolt.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea i moved to radials and it was night vs day.. very smooth at any speed. Well worth the money

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wish I had found this thread earlier. A couple of weeks ago I had shaking in my truck at 45-55 mph went I left the dealer. I figured it could be the back roads I was on but thought something was up. When I hit the highway I knew something was not right and pulled over. The tire pressure was at max for the tire so I let out 5 psi each but also noticed no wheel weights on the outside of the rim so I checked the inside and there were clamp on weights on the inside only. Thought that was odd but got back on the road and not much of a difference. Only been over 50 twice since and same vibration. Now after reading this thread the light comes on ... bias ply. I will be ordering new wheels and radial tires tonight. Anyone want to buy some barely used trailer tires and wheels?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Forgot to mention that I will be checking all of the bolts tomorrow. I have already upgraded to a stoltz ultimate roller and replaced the flat 5 with a hardwired 7 pin. Sucks that Shorelander is cutting the quality corner to make a few extra bucks which in turn costs us hundreds not to mention our time.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Newest problem, missing bearing buddy. Must have come off on the highway. These trailers are disigned to last just past the 1 year warranty. Don't forget to check the grease also. After 1 year mine were almost dry and I didn't tow that much. I don't think shorelander fills them at the factory, just enough to last past the warranty.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My tail lights just quit working. I didn't realize the individual lights are plugged into the wiring system. The there are two more plugs where the trailer V's. All the plugs have corroded and come apart. I have to cut all of the plugs out this week and hard wire them. I was getting ready to replace the tail lights when I found them.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez - Hey bud you may want to read through this thread before buying those tires.

SGMPhil

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it too F-ing much to ask to just have shit work out when you drop $50k+ on a brand new boat and trailer. . . . . Shit like this literally boils my blood.
Agreed - mine is only a little over a month old with just a few hundred miles on it and the fenders are cracked around the bolts. Poor workmanship and/or materials at best. I have not had a problem with vibration yet, but I generally do not tow the boat over 65 - it really kills my mileage :/

SGMPhil

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now look at what happened.. POS.. wheel folded over on the jack with an empty trailer.. and you cant just replace the jack. You must remove the tire winch stand.
2016-06-03 10.13.51.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea but you see how the jack tilts back..its always been that way and it could be very bad if it collapsed with the boats weight or me jacking it up.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah I saw that.. is your retention pin bent or is it not fully engaging? Worst case scenario is if the receiving port for the retention pin is elongated. That then is when you have to replace the entire jack.
(I've had to deal with this before... not fun)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

SGMPhil

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, that sux - lucky that did not happen when the boat was on the trailer.