• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New shorelander trailer falling apart!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anyone else with a 2015 24' having issues with thier trailer? Last week I noticed while gassing up that the fender bolts were very loose. I tightened them all up. This week it seemed that the fender was rattling on the highway, after getting home I noticed another bolt gone altogether. You may want to check your trailer for loose bolts!!

Last edited:

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I lost one last year also. Wasn't happy.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've lost one this year as well. Although I took my fenders off and had them powder coated so mine could have been my fault.... :banghead:.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anyone else with a 2015 24' having issues with thier trailer? Last week I noticed while gassing up that the fender bolts were very loose. I tightened them all up. This week it seemed that the fender was rattling on the highway, after getting home I noticed another bolt gone altogether. You may want to check your trailer for loose bolts!!
Thanks. I'll check my trailer bolts. Just took mine out for the first time today... I was scared to look at the battery voltage readings, so I just focused on running the engines for a couple of hours to break them in. Crazy weather in TX right now.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not lost any bolts yet but noticed yesterday that one of the fenders was shaking quite a bit at highway speed, enough that I pulled over and checked the tires,etc.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've noticed rust spots onThe bottom of my 2014 painted trailer already. WTF.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I haven't removed any bolts on my shorelandr trailer or seen how they tighten, but it sounds like maybe a need for some loctite!

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now that my boat is in a slip I have good access to my trailer. Got my Stoltz roller on and looked over all the bolts. My rear bunks are loose such that they pivot on the mounts. Is this normal to allow for alignment to the hull? The bolts/nuts are not backed off much (or maybe not at all), just not tight such that the bunk tab and trailer mount are pressed together much. Otherwise, everything else is tight.

I am still looking for a good spot to mount my boat buckles. Unfortunately the stock tab on the new Shorelandr is no good and the brackets I bought from West Marine don't give me any good angles to work with unless I want to hang them way out off the frame. That will not last at all.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The bunks are supposed to pivot on the shorelandr. It will be easier to see a place to mount the buckles with the boat on the trailer. You won't find a perfect place but you may be able to get them to work. Worst case, you mount a piece of angle to the trailer rail and mount the buckles to the angle.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup, cleaned the boat yesterday and notice one of the bolts holding on the cheap diamond plate was missing. Tightened the others and used lock tight. Will be checking all the other bolts also.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to replace the two bolts on the diamond plate on my shorlander as well. I think they were just cheap rivets, not bolts. That was after season one.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had to replace the two bolts on the diamond plate on my shorlander as well. I think they were just cheap rivets, not bolts. That was after season one.
Rivets? mine are some cheap bolt...

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea mine are all bolts. Lost one of the bolts through the diamond plate and all the rest were loose. Need to check the whole trailer now.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The bunks are supposed to pivot on the shorelandr. It will be easier to see a place to mount the buckles with the boat on the trailer. You won't find a perfect place but you may be able to get them to work. Worst case, you mount a piece of angle to the trailer rail and mount the buckles to the angle.
I found an easy solution for the boat buckle location, really a variation on my original mounting. I previously mounted them on top of the VeVe guide brackets but did not like that too much since I was using only the clamping force of the four bolts on the brackets and frame to keep the buckles (and the guides) from sliding aft on the frame under a load. To prevent that I installed two 1/4" metal screws on the top plate to take out any shear load. That in combination with the clamping of those 4 bolts should keep the buckles in place.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I found an easy solution for the boat buckle location, really a variation on my original mounting. I previously mounted them on top of the VeVe guide brackets but did not like that too much since I was using only the clamping force of the four bolts on the brackets and frame to keep the buckles (and the guides) from sliding aft on the frame under a load. To prevent that I installed two 1/4" metal screws on the top plate to take out any shear load. That in combination with the clamping of those 4 bolts should keep the buckles in place.
Any photos of your install?

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While washing my boat Saturday, I noticed one of the same bolts missing. I checked the rest of them and only one was tight. Also three of the four screws holding the door to the head came out. The dealer said they have to order me a new door because the pressed fittings on the back of the door came out and can not be replaced.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My shorelander has been sitting at the dealer for two weeks. It bounces like mad at 68mph... and yes all my fenders were cracked up where the mounting bolts were. I noticed my two screws just came out of my bathroom lower door. luckily i found them and reattached them but i have many screws that are loose on the boat..why? don't they use locktite at the factory at all?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed the left side fenders were bouncing and vibrating a lot at that same speed. I'm thinking it is a tire balancing issue. Or there is a big bolt stuck in it!!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow!! Someone should show this thread to Shorelander:winkingthumbsup"