• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie in PA

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so...full disclosure i was burning up with a 102 fever so the maiden voyage was basically 2/3 of the break in period, I will give the tr-1 full review as soon as i can....but i can tell you this...they sound nice!

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Blazin14 , we definitely plan on takin trip down your neck of the woods this summer, Ill make sure to let you know before we head down that way we can plan to hit a few fun spots together, maybe we can get some other "JetBoaters" from the area to head in the same direction?!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When you do that review please start it in a separate thread so others will be able to find it easily. Also, it would be interesting to hear from your wife on her perspective. For instance, what she likes and doesn't like about the boat along with the performance for watersports.

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keep me in the loop as well. I frequent that area (almost every weekend ). Black 09 SX230 - Double Trouble.....

bkcarson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! We have friends near Crystal Beach just above the Sassafras. Also launch from Charlestown on the Flats side of the Upper Bay, decent ramp and great restaurant/bar called the Wellwood. Make a point to hit the area near Battery and Sand Islands - great hang out spot with plenty of Yammies. Have been there a few times with @4x15mph. Enjoy!

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just moved back home from Utah! Great to be back. We are now in Chester County. My parents keep their boat along the Chesapeake in Fairlee Creek at the Great Oak Marina, so I am familiar with that area. Back in UT, we had some tremendous reservoirs to play in. Outside the Chesapeake Bay, where are some great places for a day trip?

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! We have friends near Crystal Beach just above the Sassafras. Also launch from Charlestown on the Flats side of the Upper Bay, decent ramp and great restaurant/bar called the Wellwood. Make a point to hit the area near Battery and Sand Islands - great hang out spot with plenty of Yammies. Have been there a few times with @4x15mph. Enjoy!
Wow, I really need to look at where some of you guys are from. I swear I am not stalking you! LOL

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've heard good things about great oak, is it worth the ride ?

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m not sure, but I’ll be happy to share once I give it a shot this summer. My plan would be to drop the boat in at anchor marine in North East. Meet up with my brother’s family there and head down the Chesapeake. Looking around an hour ride, at a conservative 25mph cruising speed. I’m sure there will be a few wet and bouncy rides over the course of the summer.

My brother’s in-law have a place on the elk river in Elkton. Looking forward to heading up there, if the tides and winds allow. Might have to go to into Chesapeake City.

I’ve heard people mention Crystal Beach, but have never been there. Really looking to explore.

Again, that’s my plan. I have a lot of things to work on before the summer boating season hits. After towing the boat across country, I now know the trailer is absolute trash. Can’t wait to call Shoreland’r and bitch. Also need to swap out the 5k impellers for the factory sea levels.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Plan to do some boating down in the Chesapeake this year, undecided as to if I trailer part of the way or just take the ride

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here. If I were to trailer to Great Oak, it may take the same amount of time. That marina is chaotic and the ramp isn't the best. I was going to head down there one of these days to help my dad out with his boat. Check out the facility since its been a while since my last visit. From what i'm told, Anchor Marine is a nice facility.

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anchor is nice. Was $10 to launch. Can get real busy on the wekends as the run some fishing tournaments out of there some weekends.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Mike! I’ll keep that in mind. I’ve thought about launching from Chesapeake City, but I remember from when I used to visit there, Chesapeake city can be a very busy area too.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a question for you PA guys. My UT boat registration runs out at the end of July and I was curious what state you guys registered your boats.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You registered the boat or the trailer? The reason I asked is because when we moved out here to get all the vehicles and trailers registered that PA doesn’t do boat registrations. I was thinking MD because that’s where the boat will be most of the time. I would have preferred to register the boat with PA. Heck it would be easy to keep it with UT, but UT is crazy expensive.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In PA the boat gets registered through fish and boat commission, trailer with dmv.

Hope that helps

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The only downside is that DCNR (the fish and game people) take forever with getting credentials back to you. Give it a good 4-6 weeks to get all your paperwork and ID #'s and such.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That was a huge help. I shouldn’t be shocked given the source. My registration process wasn’t exactly smooth. Lots of bad info.