• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure How this will Go......<Pool or boat?>

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors Good luck with that mess. I've found Amazon purchases to be EXTREMELY polarizing. It's either the easiest thing I've ever returned, or it's a 14 week fight to the death for $6 resolution.

@swatski What's happening with that backhoe there? New patio? Second pool? Your house already looks like something from the lifestyles of the rich and famous, what more can you add?
It's done!
I'll post when I get home at some point tonight.

--

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Update. Well, this is not going well. The pool was supposed to be here this morning from Amazon. No Pool, no discussion, no Email, just some less than intelligent person on Amazon Chat lieing her ass off. No pool, no Idea, just that she can cancel the order and I can reorder, at the new price and get it next week. Now the pool is $300 more than what I paid on Amazon. Admiral is very upset, I have dirt ordered and paid for, as well as stuff for the pool and building permit pulled etc.. Can't find the pool anywhere now, except on Amazon for an inflated price. They say there is an issue and it is not in, yet someone at worked ordered one last week and had it delivered yesterday for the increased price. I am pissed!

Amazon.com: Intex 26329EH 18ft x 52in Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set, Dark Grey: Garden & Outdoor

I also mentioned that it isn't my fault and the trolling motor she bought me isn't going back.;)
Hurry! Get that motor installed!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski What's happening with that backhoe there? New patio? Second pool? Your house already looks like something from the lifestyles of the rich and famous, what more can you add?
It turned out pretty nice - new patio and a gazebo (yes, I was proven wrong for all my complaining).
Still a few finishing touches needed for the patio - a fire pit etc., furniture, lighting, but most of the heavy lifting is done so now I should be able to go fishing while they can stay and lounge!
1618451516259.png

--

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pool came this monring in and is in the garage. Need to get the boat mods and maintenance done before they want me to set it up in a few weeks or so.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The grass is finally growing in. Probably seed a little more soon.
E96156FB-9AA2-4118-9186-5FDA3BEB1A7B.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ready to roll!
If it only stops raining, lol.
1620087731793.png

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Very nice pool but that is a bummer.

Did the crowds on the water here in the new way of life have anything to do with it or you just wanted the pool more?
I’m gonna have to be honest and say wanted the pool more. No towing, crowds, stressing about every little scratch..

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I didn't get my boat fix in, but will so next week. We've been using the heck out of this pool though!

IMG_8528.jpg

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No boating or waverunning yet here this year either but we’ve been in the pool multiple times since I opened it on April 7th, despite it not being any warmer than 72 until today (finally up to 74). The kids don’t care what temperature it is and swim as soon as they can and right up until I close the damned thing (usually early November).

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a bit perplexed. I am staking out the yard for the pool. Non the less, I am waiting on permit approval and now the area where it needs to be set has been changed...... don't even get me started on this one. Anyhow I have a drop of about 7-10 inches on the slope. I know that these above ground pools force a lot of weight on the vertical posts going around the pool.

Is it better to dig down to level out? Or can I build up to level out? Each presents its own issues.

I would figure if I could built out, I would go buy some pressure treated 4" x 4" 's and create a square about 2' bigger than the pool. Level them out then just keep filling up the center with topsoil/fill/sand whichever is best, till I am completely filled and even with the top of the timbers. Then compact it down with compacter and make sure it is smooth and even. I will purchase some 12" x "12 Landscaping pads/blocks and run them around the pool putting each vertical support post foot on them to support the weight. I am also going to put down a couple of soft underlayment's down and then tarp before I put the pool in there.

Was told to get off the damn boat and go work on the pool. She wants it up as soon as permit is approved.

Anyhow, I guess my concern, and I was just out there with my laser level and thinking about it, is that the weight of the uprights that are on the part where I have it built up with 2 of the timbers, would that weight push them out?

See my diagram below. Any advice or real world experience would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

1621217800271.png

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I am a bit perplexed. I am staking out the yard for the pool. Non the less, I am waiting on permit approval and now the area where it needs to be set has been changed...... don't even get me started on this one. Anyhow I have a drop of about 7-10 inches on the slope. I know that these above ground pools force a lot of weight on the vertical posts going around the pool.

Is it better to dig down to level out? Or can I build up to level out? Each presents its own issues.

I would figure if I could built out, I would go buy some pressure treated 4" x 4" 's and create a square about 2' bigger than the pool. Level them out then just keep filling up the center with topsoil/fill/sand whichever is best, till I am completely filled and even with the top of the timbers. Then compact it down with compacter and make sure it is smooth and even. I will purchase some 12" x "12 Landscaping pads/blocks and run them around the pool putting each vertical support post foot on them to support the weight. I am also going to put down a couple of soft underlayment's down and then tarp before I put the pool in there.

Was told to get off the damn boat and go work on the pool. She wants it up as soon as permit is approved.

Anyhow, I guess my concern, and I was just out there with my laser level and thinking about it, is that the weight of the uprights that are on the part where I have it built up with 2 of the timbers, would that weight push them out?

See my diagram below. Any advice or real world experience would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

View attachment 150334
I hope this mod doesn't come out of the boat budget....If they are coming to inspect the property to issue a permit, ask for advice, they will probably let you know what's the best approach. You know, so you don't flood the neighborhood.😁

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No they are just approving plans which is just a visio diagram I made. I dropped them off and they will email me approved. Then I am off and running.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Love my inground pool... and my boat! Have Pentair equipment (pump and sand filter) with a Polaris cleaner. No additional pump for it since it’s a pressure side vacuum. Have a 3-way valve to divert water to it for like 90 minutes a day. Have ozone and copper, no chlorine. I do all the maintenance and everything... pretty easy to do.
13F16283-95B4-4561-A448-9D90A338E132.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I am doing a lot of reading, it looks like the proper way is to dig down from the lowest point and level to virgin soil.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
No they are just approving plans which is just a visio diagram I made. I dropped them off and they will email me approved. Then I am off and running.
That's easy...they just want your money

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Well I am doing a lot of reading, it looks like the proper way is to dig down from the lowest point and level to virgin soil.
In all seriousness, good luck with the pool!