• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Picture doesn't do it justice but wanted to share...

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beginnings of fall color, and a sunset cruise on Lake Lanier.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sunshine Skyway Bridge in the distance (10/29/2019)

They recently added colored lights to the bridge. Looks good here but coming back was even better.
20191029_230144107_iOS.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Heading to downtown St Pete. 10/31/2019

View attachment 107722

Got boarded by the Coast Guard for routine safety check right after taking the above shot. Nice bunch of guys.

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Forgot to mention they're on a jet boat!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Heading to downtown St Pete. 10/31/2019

View attachment 107722

Got boarded by the Coast Guard for routine safety check right after taking the above shot. Nice bunch of guys.

View attachment 107724
I don't really have a problem with this because if you are obeying the law there should be no issue, but how much of these kind of interactions are really about a safety check and how much is it looking for illegal activity? I don't live near costal waters so I have never had any experience with this.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I don't really have a problem with this because if you are obeying the law there should be no issue, but how much of these kind of interactions are really about a safety check and how much is it looking for illegal activity? I don't live near costal waters so I have never had any experience with this.
That could be true and I thought the same thing. To be sure we put our beers back in the cooler. They asked about PDFs, fire extinguisher, horn, etc So I pulled out my Coast Guard Kit (no problem there). They asked if I had any weapons on board (no), nav lights and wanted to see drivers license and registration. I was handed a copy of the record and stated should I get stopped I can show them this.

Since I was the only one out there; I think they may have been bored. This was the second time in 25 years. Surprised since the Coast Guard station is a couple blocks down from downtown.

Toby

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That could be true and I thought the same thing. To be sure we put our beers back in the cooler. They asked about PDFs, fire extinguisher, horn, etc So I pulled out my Coast Guard Kit (no problem there). They asked if I had any weapons on board (no), nav lights and wanted to see drivers license and registration. I was handed a copy of the record and stated should I get stopped I can show them this.

Since I was the only one out there; I think they may have been bored. This was the second time in 25 years. Surprised since the Coast Guard station is a couple blocks down from downtown.
My wife got an inspection a month ago at the Hudson ramp while I was waiting in line to pull with the truck, they were surprised she knew where everything was. She told them "of course I do, it's my boat!" Lol. Easy deal for good reasons when you stay prepared.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice pics but I'd be a nervous wreck backing the stern in that shallow of water. One little wave come by and that AK will smash into the sand and could break. Losing the rudder wouldn't be the end of the world but the AK housing with drain plug would be another story. People have broken theirs from doing the same so just something to think about,

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice pics but I'd be a nervous wreck backing the stern in that shallow of water. One little wave come by and that AK will smash into the sand and could break. Losing the rudder wouldn't be the end of the world but the AK housing with drain plug would be another story. People have broken theirs from doing the same so just something to think about,
Yeah, good point, tks for the input. I actually move the boat in by hand when I’m in deeper water (engines off to avoid sucking sand into the impellers). Carefully assess the depth and then monitor for the tide constantly to adjust as needed.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Lake Perris, CA - water temp was 66F but kids till got to wakesurf (with wetsuits!). Probably done until April - ever for SoCal. Still a great time. View attachment 107738
Was gonna go a few weeks back but heard the after level was really low again.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Beware of the sand bar in front of the new pass into shell key preserve .

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Took advantage of low tide and exposed sandbars.
20191103_184822223_iOS.jpg20191103_190449988_iOS.jpg20191103_190509871_iOS.jpg20191103_193822844_iOS.jpg