• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Didn't come close to.any other boats! Did see 2 large pods of dolphins; spinners and bottle nose. Saw a large shark swimming on the surface.

Good news is I hooked my first deep sea fish, bad news is I lost my first $35.00 lure!

I need some trim tabs, the ride was quite rough coming back! Didn't keep me from running about 28mph and catching air off a number of well timed swells!View attachment 114863View attachment 114864
Aloha @Scuba_ref glad to see u making it out there. Our mayor here has us on lockdown. We had a planned trip to Ni’ihau but Governor Ige’s new boating rules made us cancel. No more then 2 people on the boat, he’s crazy. Anyways that’s a story for another thread. Glad u and ur Ohana out there enjoying, stay safe. Cheee!🤙🏽

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Aloha @\\\Wolverine/// question are u ballasted in this pic? She looks like she’s sitting a little butt heavy.
@rkim808
I don't run any ballast since I don't ski, but I did have a full fuel tank and someone was sitting on the swim platform. It was also a pretty good current running from and lifting the bow so maybe that had it canted.
It definitely shows that the scupper is below water. I need to look into changing mine to stainless like everyone talks about on here before it decides to break.
I miss the 808 by the way. Was fortunate enough to be stationed there twice for 8 years total of my military career. Retired in Kaneohe and just sold my house there and relocated to Key West 7 months ago.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Finally got our newest family member out today.

20200421_144612.jpg

She was a little scared at first but managed to get acclimated to it pretty quickly. And yes, that is a shark life jacket she's wearing. The wife thought it was silly looking, but I bought it anyway and won her over once it was on.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rkim808
I don't run any ballast since I don't ski, but I did have a full fuel tank and someone was sitting on the swim platform. It was also a pretty good current running from and lifting the bow so maybe that had it canted.
It definitely shows that the scupper is below water. I need to look into changing mine to stainless like everyone talks about on here before it decides to break.
I miss the 808 by the way. Was fortunate enough to be stationed there twice for 8 years total of my military career. Retired in Kaneohe and just sold my house there and relocated to Key West 7 months ago.
Aloha @\\\Wolverine/// yes I just was wondering cause ur Yammy looks like she’s sitting low in the pic. I’ve also debated the SS swap of the scupper. But there no record of one failing on the new hull Yammies. That’s awesome that u lived here for some years, did u have a Yammy when u were stationed at Kaneohe?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had a beautiful spring day with light winds, which are rare in the spring here in Texas, so we took advantage with my much needed day off. So we took advantage and made an overnight trip to check on things and give the big girl a much needed bath to rid her of all the pollen and dust.
20200421_121246.jpg
We then took her out to get some fresh fuel and a nice run in the sun. Our plan was to put in $200 bucks worth no matter what it was a gallon. Come to find out it was $1.55 a gallon for regular w/o ethanol. We ended up filling both tanks with $220 worth divided into the 2 100 gallon tanks. I don't remember when we had them both filled. We took advantage to burn some cheap gas and went for a nice cruise to one of our favorite spots for some relaxing and social distancing. It was an absolutely stunning day with some much needed decompression that a boat ride always takes care of.
20200421_121224.jpg
20200421_121236.jpg20200421_130936.jpg20200421_133539.jpg

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Aloha @\\\Wolverine/// yes I just was wondering cause ur Yammy looks like she’s sitting low in the pic. I’ve also debated the SS swap of the scupper. But there no record of one failing on the new hull Yammies. That’s awesome that u lived here for some years, did u have a Yammy when u were stationed at Kaneohe?
@rkim808
Negative. When I lived on Oahu I just rented pontoons and such from the marina in the Marine Corps Base. I do miss Hawaii though. I think Lanai was my favorite of the populated islands.
Aloha 🤙🏼

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally got our newest family member out today.

View attachment 116543

She was a little scared at first but managed to get acclimated to it pretty quickly. And yes, that is a shark life jacket she's wearing. The wife thought it was silly looking, but I bought it anyway and won her over once it was on.
How old is she? Our Rosie is a standard poodle and only 14 weeks old; we're a little worried she won't like the boat!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
How old is she? Our Rosie is a standard poodle and only 14 weeks old; we're a little worried she won't like the boat!
She's a F1B Labradoodle. And she's 8 months old and 40lbs-ish.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That water is just amazing. Wish we had that here. :sour:
Y'all don't have that in St Pete? The one time we went there it was nice, but water was cloudy. Is that normal?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Y'all don't have that in St Pete? The one time we went there it was nice, but water was cloudy. Is that normal?
Yes, water here is cloudy. I'm on the Tampabay side of St Pete so it will never be clear. The gulf side of St Pete is better but not like yours. So envious.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, water here is cloudy. I'm on the Tampabay side of St Pete so it will never be clear. The gulf side of St Pete is better but not like yours. So envious.
Oh, okay, I'm tracking now. 👍

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Happy Friday...Took a sunset cruise with the family. Good times... 5/01/2020
IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1440.JPGIMG_1441.JPG

COVID beard
IMG_1452.JPG

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...most dogs on a boat award...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
...most dogs on a boat award...
Was impossible to get all 8 in the picture (need a bigger boat!). We gave up. This shot was the most. LOL, like I said good times...

Breer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This was last week. Gulf of Mexico just outside the East Pass (Destin, FL) A sandbar has formed. Only 6 feet deep here.
Nice!! Gonna have to check that out! Heading out tomorrow for the 5th trip out on the new boat. It hasn't been that calm out of the pass on the days we have been out.