• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great time at Harris Lake today! The kids and I tried wakeboarding (the wife drove the boat for the first time too).

We did not get very far - Is there anyone in the Raleigh area that will trade beer for lessons?

We all got close to getting up, but just could not get there. We must be missing a trick or technique.

View attachment 76207 View attachment 76208 View attachment 76209 View attachment 76210

I’m in Greenville. Maybe we could meet up sometime and I could show you a couple things that may help

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Eric Ballard An inexperienced wakeboarder coupled with an inexperienced wakeboard driver probably means a lack of romance that evening.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had to wait out a 2hr rainstorm on the water for this picture! Spent the majority of that time under the bow of the boat floating on a throwable as the water at 78deg was warmer than the air with rain! Might have drank a beer or two while waiting too :)

The effort to continue the day was rewarded with this view after the storm passed.
20180609_205047.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@2kwik4u really nice pic! I was also dodging storms and rain yesterday out on the water. Thankful these boats have a bimini! Water temp was 90 degrees!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u really nice pic! I was also dodging storms and rain yesterday out on the water. Thankful these boats have a bimini! Water temp was 90 degrees!!
Yea, this rainstorm was heavy enough the bimini didn't help at all. Except maybe kept the top 2ft of the tower dry. I didn't have my clear tarp with me to keep the cockpit dry, so everything was soaked. Ive seriously considered having a 3/4 enclosure built for days like this. With the air temp dropping into the 60s and the rain coming down hard, we found floating in the 82deg water and wearing a hat was more comfortable until it started raining really hard. That's when we floated up under the bow to stay out of the deluge.

I will say it was nice that the cockpit got completely soaked for hours and everything still worked exactly as it should. No wonky performance from an switches or dials. Our old boat didn't have quite as robust of an electrical system and if it rained we had to start being concerned with the electrics working properly.

I've got the boat torn apart with fans everywhere trying to dry it out this morning. I suspect it's going to take a day or two to get it good and dry again.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today on the Trent
Great day.... dont believe the weathermans forecast
20180610_141932.jpg 20180610_142057.jpg

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had a blast this weekend with my girls going to the local beaches and had some some good food at a few local restaurants. And the last picture was from tonight after a couple hours boat cleaning on the new lift. The boat loves its new home high and dry. It’s spotless inside and out. Over coming days it will get a nice wax job. So nice having it in the backyard now!

Attachments

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BEE1AAC6-4E6F-4152-BAFC-42A73965B0BF.jpeg
We had a great first trip camping with both the travel trailer AND the boat. The extra round trip home was worth it. The kids had a blast and it was so nice to just go back to our little slice of shoreline to rest up and cool off in the A/C.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for a hijack (and NOT trying to be smart Alec) but... I would check that STRBD tower hand-wheel bolt/clamp - immediately. I don't like the gap there, I'd make sure it is not lose or cross-threaded.
Bad things can happen quickly if you hit turbulence.
(Don't ask how I know, lol.)

--