• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had a blast on Smith Lake today!

IMG_9363.JPG IMG_9360.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yesterday we got caught in a pretty intense storm with lots of lightning! We had to wait for most of the worst stuff to pass by but time was not on our side at 8pm so we had to finally make a run back to the launch a good 45 minutes away.

lightning.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
#1 scary thing on the water for me.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
#1 scary thing on the water for me.
Same. It's also bad when I had to pee like a million times while waiting it out :D:eek:!! It was very humid yesterday too so the lightning was putting on a show!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday we got caught in a pretty intense storm with lots of lightning! We had to wait for most of the worst stuff to pass by but time was not on our side at 8pm so we had to finally make a run back to the launch a good 45 minutes away.

View attachment 76771
Ouch. That's scary. Great shot though.

--

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
C0634CDD-BA75-46D9-97CE-FA2D1E5DB3DE.jpeg Joel’s jellyfish tiki bar on the Chesapeake bay. Nice place but a far treck for us with trailering at 1 1/2 hours each way

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Warning Warning @haknslash Do not pee during lightning storms. Dangerous consequences.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_20180617_131620_784.jpg

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had a great Fathers Day tubing with my girls. Then some relaxing time at a local beach anchored up with some friends we met up with. Just finished a full boat detail inside and out. On the lift clean and ready for its next outing! Happy Fathers Day to everyone!

Attachments

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BCD72556-EF04-4ACD-A651-7079F62238DE.jpeg

Headed out for a day of tubing and lunch on the boat... since it was cut short yesterday... boat performed perfectly after surgery...

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Cool. I’ve toyed with moving up to a 21’, but I don’t want to have to change tow vehicles ( I have a 4-Runner). I just like to keep with what others are towing 21’s with.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure what your tow ratings are, but it’s 5k on ours with a transmission and oil cooler that are a must... We don’t tow far as we are 5 miles to our primary lake and 12 to the other in the area... We did tow 270+miles home when we bought her in KY back to TN and did fine with using the manual shift mode to keep the trans from over working... Struggled a little on the steeper inclines but still managed 12-14mpg. Does just fine for the flat area we live in though... Certainly not capable on the 24ft boat though as we may upgrade in years to come to the Q7 tdi and the 242x but that’s several years out

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never understood why you can't be in the water during a thunderstorm. Fish don't die of lightning strikes. Lightning is more likely to hit surrounding trees than the water itself. If it did hit the water it would be like a bird on a wire, it would go across the surface to ground not through the water to ground leaving the people int eh water safe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be the guinnea pig for this one, but always had me curious. Wish I had some grant money to study/prove that theory.