• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
661E5671-71E3-4B72-B4B8-DCA88F499F98.jpeg

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
2523958F-7C96-4D17-982A-661D47877B9A.jpeg Lake of the Woods, Ontario Canada.

Musky fishing trip.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well it ain't Bimini but we're cruisin'

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
8D001AF2-BCDA-49AC-A39C-EA7E7EA7405F.jpeg I experienced a first time thing while boat camping this weekend, a grass fire swiftly moving towards my group’s camp site. Our camp site is to the left of the last tree pictured on the left. The guy in the pic was in my group and started walking over there with a dog bowl full of water when someone said they smelled smoke. The fire started just over the ridge of behind the tree in the middle of the pic, lots of people focused on the small fishing boat on the other side but when I was up there I saw a car with four wet individuals drive back towards camp on the lower, gravel road/Break.

It was surreal, one second I’m anchoring the boat in our cove for the weekend, then I hear, “ I smell smoke, there it is, fire!”, before I found myself running up a hill with a life vest on in 105 degree heat with others trying to make sure everyone in camp got out and to move our tow vehicles out of harms way. I was also going to push my detached trailer into the street if I had to before letting everything else burn. Fortunately there were two fire breaks (a gravel and a paved road) between the fire and camp grounds, so we were not in any real danger but a lot of chaos that ensued for a few minutes made it seem like it was the worst fire in CA history. Kids were crying, some campers outside of our group left. Around seven park vehicles, including several pickups with water tanks and pumps showed up eventually but our crew had taken on first responder duties, including manning the hoses for the fire and two flare ups. I had a feeling many of the firefighters showed up late (I mean after other campers came to help by boat and with water guns) for a free lunch from our group.

0C6758AF-BD36-4D25-9163-E954AC2D81D0.jpeg

Last edited:

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I experienced a first time thing while boat camping this weekend, a grass fire swiftly moving towards my group’s camp site. Our camp site is to the left of the last tree pictured on the left. The guy in the pic was in my group and started walking over there with a dog bowl full of water when someone said they smelled smoke. The fire started just over the ridge of behind the tree in the middle of the pic, lots of people focused on the small fishing boat on the other side but when I was up there I saw a car with four wet individuals drive back towards camp on the lower, gravel road/Break.

It was surreal, one second I’m anchoring the boat in our cove for the weekend, then I hear, “ I smell smoke, there it is, fire!”, before I found myself running up a hill with a life vest on in 105 degree heat with others trying to make sure everyone in camp got out and to move our tow vehicles out of harms way. I was also going to push my detached trailer into the street if I had to before letting everything else burn. Fortunately there were two fire breaks (a gravel and a paved road) between the fire and camp grounds, so we were not in any real danger but a lot of chaos that ensued for a few minutes made it seem like it was the worst fire in CA history. Kids were crying, some campers outside of our group left. Around seven park vehicles, including several pickups with water tanks and pumps showed up eventually but our crew had taken on first responder duties, including manning the hoses for the fire and two flare ups. I had a feeling many of the firefighters showed up late (I mean after other campers came to help by boat and with water guns) for a free lunch from our group.
Crazy! glad everyone is ok. I don't miss those dry Cali conditions at all. Ive seen some serious fires on the Altamont before. Don Pedro was always super dry like that in the summer. doesnt take much to catch that stuff on fire.

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone should invent a jet pump fire house attachment.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Someone should invent a jet pump fire house attachment.
Not a Yamaha, but it put out the fire. +1 for adjustable trim and big H.P.
or this view

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This happened at Lake McClure just a few miles from Don Pedro. In retrospect I should have stayed on shore and asked 3 or 4 of the bigs guys in our group to help me position the modern 3 person jet ski we had with us to act as a fire boat. Not sure it if would have worked as I’m sure the far edge of the fire was at least 100 feet away.

At first my wife told me to fill one of our bailing containers (a gallon milk jug with a the bottom cut out) to fire fight with. this was before she saw the fire, I looked up saw 15 foot flames and laughed nervously as I stated I’d have a better chance putting out the fire by pissing on it. Couldnt help but feeling like an A-hole when other boaters sped into the cove deboarded and ran to what was left of the fire with water guns, especially when I thought they just boated over to rubber neck, all the while snacking and feeling safe in place after seeing the fire breaks and noting the camp site has no dry grass in it but is surrounded by it.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

The new 2 person Airhead G-Force works as well as the 3 person, doesn't submarine as easily, and is quicker to inflate and deflate. Two of my six kids, the oldest and youngest with a 40 year spread.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Start them young, our 3 week old out on the boat for the first time.

Attachments

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
594F945C-8547-40CF-BCC1-5F6497B522EB.jpeg F27DC189-4A07-4605-8490-B9902157AD8F.jpeg C92470EB-8A0B-49A1-934C-A0CE848389D2.jpeg D9E5F485-8041-4E46-92EA-DF53F4CE5679.jpeg

Lake Cumberland, KY

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Little camping run to Green Peter. May have to get a keel guard - water was so deep right off the shore I couldn't stern park. 212X FSH? IMG_7391.JPG IMG_7401.JPG

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This past Sunday at a local sand bar in Great Bay (NJ)

Started off foggy but turned into another great day!

669FE738-A532-4DEF-83DE-F8617514ADAA.jpeg 3150B9CE-F8A9-48A1-A0C4-C4E387B5D601.jpeg