• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
MO flood waters finally subsided - soooo - it was time to get out and get some fresh air!!!!!
upload_2017-5-16_22-4-41.png
(me and my buddy Jason, cruising still partially flooded Meramec River, MO)

--

dexx00420

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got to start the season with an evening, dinner ride last Friday....aside from getting pretty cold it was a nice feeling to get back in the water.Boat 2017 Day 01.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @swatski great pic!

You look like you might "have a particular set of skills" when it comes to boating.
I bet before you left that day you told the river - "I will look for you, I WILL find you, and I will kill you."
HAHAHA

- go Cards!!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ROFL
Don't know if I should laugh or cry. I'll cry, lol.

(Note to self: quit posting or get a selfie stick)
--
It was a toss up between Liam Neeson or Sean Penn!
Just having fun bud - looks like you guys were having a blast out there!

Last time I was on the Meramac I was 14 and doing a church group canoe trip... a long-long time ago

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pulling up to Crab Island here in Destin (FL) on Sunday.
20170514_111448.jpg

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Pulling up to Crab Island here in Destin (FL) on Sunday.
We definitely missed a great day out there. Hoping for a good one on Saturday.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We definitely missed a great day out there. Hoping for a good one on Saturday.
Saturday should be a great day. There are actually Two Hightides on Saturday. First one is 1130am. Then it switches to low tide at 1530, but hightide again at 1730. So the low tide should be minimum. You should have a great time.

Also, we went out into the Gulf on Sunday. Saw three sharks and some dolphins. Watched a dolphin and shark cross paths, within feet of each other. Dolphin wasn't worried. Shark kinda took off. Got that on my GoPro.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
first day out on my new to me 2011 ar240.
my son's taken over the helm already. 20170515_191904.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stayed out late last night. Didn't return to the dock till 9pm. Great day on the water!

"Working on our night moves"
20170527_201148.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so contrary to the title of the thread, I took no pictures yesterday. But I have a valid excuse. Hear me out.

Yesterday, I took my MIL out for a 'cruise'. She is here for 3 weeks due to confirmations/graduations. However after about 3 days... (anyone remember the Benjamin Franklin quote?) Anyway, she drives my wife crazy. She drives me crazy, too, but I am a male and she (the feminist) completely defers to me, so I think I have it much less worse. So, when my wife was fed up, I took mom for a cruise yesterday out on Lake Conroe. Completely with lunch at Wolfies (which is a whole different story).

Now I will readily admit that I have no pics. I ran the coast of Conroe. We did stop at one point to install the battery watering kits (I believe these are your fault, @Murf'n'surf , and they are awesome). But basically we just cruised at 20 mph around the lake. Not the normal lake experience with my (male) kids and their friends. Despite the MIL, it was actually very relaxing. No issues with the boat (of course). Didn't see many people. Stopped for lunch uneventfully.

And when we stopped for the day (I do have to say, because we so berate idiots at the launch), I was in the cove with 3 other boats. Our storage facility valets and so you pull into a cove and they come get your trailer and put it in for you. So there are three other boats there. One goes in to drop off crew. One is just sitting in the middle of the cove. So I tell mom I will drop her off. I pull up to the dock (while pulling out her shoes, getting her set, etc.), and as I approach a horde of people appear on the dock. Quick communication with the other boat in the cove (who was ahead of me), and they tell me that they are just there to pick up the horde on the dock. So, essentially, I have cut in line. I, of course, offer to go back, but other boater insists I go ahead and drop mom off.

Now, that would be enough to cite for courtesy of boating, etc. But here is the thing. So I get close to the dock. Wind kicks up. Difficult to hold up against the dock (I am on the lee side). Kids that the other boat were going to pick up offer to help (accepted, of course). One grabs my fore and tells his friend (specifically) to grab my tower. Friend is a little slow, but by that time I have the gaffer pole out and over to him. He pulls on that and we pull the boat to the dock. Mom works her way off with the help of the lady friends on the dock. I thank them all. Mom goes up to the gazebo and wait; they let me go and I jet aft out of the way so their boat can come to pick them up.

Mom and I had an ok day out on the water. Never about 25 mph, but very relaxing. But really it is was the courtesy of fellow boaters that made the day for me. I only hope that I can be such a fellow boater to others on the water. Yes, there are idiots out there. Let us not give them the power to detract from those of us who want to be good neighbors, and let us not stop them from appreciating good neighbors. I don't know the folks who helped, but I will certainly pay it forward to say thank you.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This pretty bird was watching over us.....

IMG_2457.JPG