• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
^^^^ I was just talking to my wife this weekend about doing a trip up to Norris Lake next season and renting a house or maybe floating house. Looks like a nice lake and good water.
Stay on the lower east side, upper west side is insanely stupid IMHO. Ive nearly been rundown and swamped 3x now up there. I have no clue why the douches run up there but thats what ive found.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No yammi today. Took my ski up to my buddies lake house to give her hell for the day. First time she's been out this season. Ran amazing, and lake was dead calm and empty. Was WOT all day today. She's back in the shed on her stand with her yammi sister.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Damn that makes me miss my 96 XP 800 so bad. Best hull they ever made IMO.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Damn that makes me miss my 96 XP 800 so bad. Best hull they ever made IMO.
I have a love hate relationship with it. It always seems to take some work/tinkering. Old carb boats/skis are a PITA. It ate a rave valve and melted the rave cap at the tail end of last year. So replaced that with aluminum so that doesn't happen again, as well as replaced all of the raves and rave parts. She sure does rip though. High compression head, aftermarket FA's, skat trak impeller, skat trak intake grate, extended pump, sponsons, UMI steering, hard jetted pipe and water box, and new carbs WITH the accel pump( some people don't like them, but I like it for the extra burst of fuel when you crank down on the throttle). Only thing missing would be aftermarket pipe, but then I'd had to get into a whole different can of worms I'd rather not on a ski I wanna hop on and ride the piss out of reliably on pump gas.

Some days I wanna sell it and get a spark trixx, just so I have the ease/reliability of a 4 stroke but it isn't the size of a tug boat. LOL!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had the same love hate relationship with mine. Always something but when it ran right it was bliss!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Circled around shelter island stopped at sunset beach hanging around the mega yachts what a seen.

20190831_191701.jpg

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cleaned the entire hull with Starbrite hull cleaner and got all the old yellow scum line off with ease from the week Lake Gaston trip of sitting in the water. Then followed that up with a full hand wax on the hull. That was a fun few hours in the water under the lift at low tide but well worth it. Now it looks perfect and the wax should help prolong from having to worry about doing hull cleaner again anytime soon. On a side note does anyone know if that hull cleaner is safe to use on the floor/deck of the inside of the boat? We don’t use carpet and it’s got some discoloration from this summer that regular soap cleanings is not cutting it anymore.

Attachments

OakleyAK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Second trip out with the new boat. So stoked to do more mods and take some trips next summer!
C168FDB0-463A-4EC5-BBA5-5A5DA73920AC.jpeg

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cruised out with the Admiral and First Mate for lunch at Brown's on Harsens island earlier today. Water was about 69 degrees and air was only a degree or two warmer, so didn't swim but it was a nice ride! Supposed to get some mid 80s this coming week so might get another chance to jump in this season! 😃
20190907_125324.jpg
20190907_134648.jpg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Woke up early to ride Hurricane Dorian surf on my other Yamaha jet. We were visited by some dolphins too .. You can see 2 fins at the end of the video. Sometimes they let me come close, but these weren't interested.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Our 6yr old has desperately been wanting to surf. He's been riding double with one of our friends ( @RampRage )the last several outings. And, this is the 2nd outing where he attempted it on his own. He's getting there!! This is one of the better attempts on our Slingshot Coaster.

Last week, I ordered this for him.

Should be in Friday, so we'll get to try him out on a better sized board next weekend.

Edit: @PJ73 (pretty sure that reminder came from you... but it's been a few months) - I recall the directive to not hold phones vertical when taking photo/video... but had someone else recording this time. Lol

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 Remind them to cover their face with their arms when they go down. Soon you will be the surf boat that all the Central IL kids want to hang on.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 Remind them to cover their face with their arms when they go down. Soon you will be the surf boat that all the Central IL kids want to hang on.
giphy (1).gif
Proper crash technique

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good advice! Tks

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 18yo getting more confident this season

--

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@OakleyAK is that a local lake or river to you? Thinking about a move down there, would love a local’s perspective on the water situation.