• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Left Fremont early Sunday morning to pick up some friends back in Oshkosh and had a relaxing trip down the river……

IMG_0604.jpeg

Spent the day at Streich’s cove on Lake Winnebago - busy day…….

71547147445__0DFAECCA-EBB4-49F4-9186-685640D20585.jpeg

We stayed at a hotel in Oshkosh Sunday night and the Admiral and I will have a low key day at the Sand Pit on Monday - it’s supposed to be in the 90’s again.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
40 miles this morning on the Seneca River down to Cayuga Lake and back. Didn't spend too much time on Cayuga. Need to learn a little more about all of the shallow areas on the north end of that lake before I get too adventurous. We must have been the first boat of the day through the Cayuga lock...it was JAMMED with seaweed at the exit. I had to crawl the 100' to the dock so I could shut down and clean it out. Nasty. But those cleanout plugs sure come in handy. Return trip through the lock was uneventful, seems like a few lock cycles cleared it out pretty well. Got a couple of pictures along the way down and back...

Juvenile bald eagle, probably two or three years old...
1693871874857.jpeg

Great egret posing like he knew I was coming...
1693871945239.jpeg

1693871954922.jpeg

And the scruffiest blue heron I've ever seen...

1693871990532.jpeg

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_8910.JPEGIMG_8909.JPEGIMG_8914.JPEG
We met these three guys at the campground, they have been going to Rogers Rock CG for 43 consecutive years and had never been on a boat or seen the shores from the lake. We changed that, took them out for a few hours, showed them the lake and took them to Hague Public Dock/Beach for a lunch. In return they got some nice whiskey and invited us to their site for some food and a fire. Definitely gave them something to remember on year 43!

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What just there 3 weeks ago. Had a great time with the family. Stayed at Lake Raystown Resort in one of the waterfront villas. Where did you stay?
We just did a day trip up there. Left the house about 5:15am Sunday morning and where on the water by 8am. We launched out of Weaver Falls boat ramp. This was our first time to ever go up there. What an absolutely beautiful place!

Wasn’t a bad drive at all. I see your up in Harrisburg. I live about ten miles south of the PA line in MD right off of 83 at exit 27. We took 83 to the PA TP and got off just after we went through the second tunnel through the mountain It was about 2 hours and 20 minutes total drive time.

We boated until about 3:30, loaded up and then headed south to Frostburg where we spent the night and then went out on Deep Creek Lake yesterday. It one last adventure for the summer now that the kids are back in school.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just did a day trip up there. Left the house about 5:15am Sunday morning and where on the water by 8am. We launched out of Weaver Falls boat ramp. This was our first time to ever go up there. What an absolutely beautiful place!

Wasn’t a bad drive at all. I see your up in Harrisburg. I live about ten miles south of the PA line in MD right off of 83 at exit 27. We took 83 to the PA TP and got off just after we went through the second tunnel through the mountain It was about 2 hours and 20 minutes total drive time.

We boated until about 3:30, loaded up and then headed south to Frostburg where we spent the night and then went out on Deep Creek Lake yesterday. It one last adventure for the summer now that the kids are back in school.
Never tried Weaver Falls launch, usually go to Shy Beaver or Tatman Run but they can get crowded on weekends. Weaver Falls looks pretty far south so maybe it doesn't get as crowded but it's a pretty good haul to get to the main body of water. How busy was the ramp, especially on a holiday weekend? Lately, we've been getting Airbnb's and renting a slip either at Seven Points or Lake Raystown Resort Marinas - make it a long weekend trip. I haven't been to Deep Creek yet but it's definitely on the list of lakes to visit.
We actually live south of Harrisburg on 15 (Dillsburg) and the wife likes to go shopping down your way and my daughters always want to go to Ikea not too far from you.