• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Orange Beech area <Alabama>

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well now it doesn’t look like i’m going to make the memorial day weekend out on the boat. It goes in the shop tomorrow. Starting acting up the other day with a rough idle and cutting out. Did everything i knew to it so going to give the dealership a shot. They said i should have it back before but no promises.
If you'll buy the Bushwackers -- I'll buy the gas ....
Come on out with us!

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you'll buy the Bushwackers -- I'll buy the gas ....
Come on out with us!
Bennie lol the gas would be cheaper because we put away quite a bit of bushwackers and for what pirate cove and floribama charges that would be like two tanks. But we will see!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trust me @Blindduck - I KNOW!!

Right now the weather is looking like the worst problem I'll run into.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone headed to the Pensacola Air Show? July 14th.
BLUE ANGELS!!

I'm hoping to be beach side shortly after noon. The civilian show starts at 12, with the Blue Angels flying at 2pm.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
man i wish. Unfortunately i have to work nights all weekend. But don’t think for a minute i wasn’t thinking of laying out lol.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey!!! We'll be down there June 16-22nd. 99.999999999999% sure I'm bringing the boat this time! We're changing it up a bit and not staying at a Brett Robinson place on the beach and renting a house closer to Fort Morgan. Who's gonna show me where the good sand is?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Who's gonna show me where the good sand is?
Brother... the good sand is ALWAYS the sand between your toes.
I'm working projects this year offshore though and have not a clue what my schedule will look like in June. However I will put you on my calendar and stay in touch.

It'd be great to get the famous families together and drink some cold ones!
(Is it summer yet? )

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gonna revive an old thread here. Heading to Orange Beach next Sunday. This will be our first trip with the boat. Staying at a VRBO with a dock in a canal just off Boggy point boat ramp but also close to Cotton Bayou ramp. I only need to use the ramp at the start and end of the trip. Does anyone have a thought on which ramp would be easier?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gonna revive an old thread here. Heading to Orange Beach next Sunday. This will be our first trip with the boat. Staying at a VRBO with a dock in a canal just off Boggy point boat ramp but also close to Cotton Bayou ramp. I only need to use the ramp at the start and end of the trip. Does anyone have a thought on which ramp would be easier?
Hey bud contact your VRBO. We just had a Category 2 hurricane that really tore up the whole area. Not too many docks survived.
I'd encourage you to do your research before coming down. A lot of the area is still without power and still in damage control.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks man. I've been in contact with them. They say the property was not affected. Hopefully this is true!

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If your taking your boat out I would be extremely careful. The waterways are loaded with debris and sunken boats. The area is in full recovery mode not vacation mode. Restaurants only have a limited menus and a curfew is in effect. I would check Hurricane Sally damage on YouTube and other social media to see what the are looks like. Power is still off in a lot of areas. We have a beach house in Gulf Shores, the roof was torn off and it flooded.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
oh man. Now I'm getting stressed out.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out the OBA Community Website page on Facebook. They also have an OBA Locals page on Facebook.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's pretty bad down there right now. My parents rode Sally out while in their RV at Perdido Key which is just down from Orange Beach. Everything from Gulf Shores, AL to Pensacola, FL is in a bad state right now. I would call wherever you're staying and ask them how the area is but I wouldn't be boating right now especially in a jet down there. A lot of ships sunk and were tossed out into the bay and gulf. Debris is likely everywhere, Barges broke loose, hit bridges and caused collapses in P’cola to give you an idea. Many docks and marinas did not survive. For a cat 2 nearly cat 3 hurricane Sally sure did a number in the area. My sisters both live in Orange Beach and it's just sad right now. Hate to hear of your trip but I don't think I'd bother with it at this time. The locals are having a pretty tough time just with getting utilities and necessities back online.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here are some pics my mom took while driving the other day by their RV lot to give you an idea.

3ABB4FA4-E271-43B2-AE11-70F488301FBA.jpeg73959493-163E-4B48-9C31-0C1A50272F25.jpegD0119E47-5218-4DE7-AA50-B0F8D820BE53.jpeg0722B795-7B03-4ED3-8973-31EF2B4FC129.jpegE567CF18-5DA7-4681-9262-2FAFE0789561.jpeg0A7B394A-D449-45C3-908F-87A0C638BB80.jpegF727CF67-FB6F-4486-8897-756B8960C0C7.jpegDE4689D4-D001-49CB-9DA7-E82983950377.jpeg15B9990B-20CD-4259-AF10-D73FA2F4CFA7.jpeg5D3838D0-616A-4E8A-AC85-AE34DC0D613E.jpeg413CDC18-09FB-422E-B3B9-FC9269F41609.jpeg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Personally, having ridden out that storm in Daphne about 30 miles northwest of there, it amazes me that there isn’t MORE damage. I hate to rain on your parade, but I’d feel really bad trying to vacation there right now. It might seem like the extra revenue would help, but the infrastructure needs to support as few people as possible. I doubt you’d have a very good time having to look at it all anyways. Might be a long shot, but Destin or PCB would be better options if you can find something last minute.