• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Orange Beech area <Alabama>

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks...I think me and the wife will probably hit the water Tuesday... supposed to be a lot warmer.
join us on Alabama Jet Boaters on facebook!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Blindduck i did get a request from someone but when i went to approve, it wasn't there as if it was withdrawn?

was it you?

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like a great day to be out on the water..

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone planing on heading to the boat show @ the Wharf in Orange Beach?
March 23-26.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bennie I wish we could go to the boat show but I will be on call that weekend. It will be the first one I have missed in awhile. Also Baldwin County School's spring break starts that weekend so it will be packed with kids down there. We may stay down there the weekend before, I want to try my new TVs out if it's warm enough.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bennie I wish we could go to the boat show but I will be on call that weekend. It will be the first one I have missed in awhile. Also Baldwin County School's spring break starts that weekend so it will be packed with kids down there. We may stay down there the weekend before, I want to try my new TVs out if it's warm enough.
IF... I get to make it down there it will be on that Thursday. As for that weekend we are headed over to Panama City Beach.

We are aiming to be near Robinson Island on the weekend of 17-18. Would love to meet up with you - See how you like your TVs. We can test ours out side by side and see the difference.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the weather is nice we should be on Robinson Island the 18th. I let you know when it gets closer. We wanted to go one of the hot weekends in February but we were tied up with Mardi Gras every weekend. This will be our first weekend without a Mardi Gras event since the second weekend of January.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking to be near Robinson Island tomorrow (May 6th)... with a cold Bushwacker in my hand.

Anyone else?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Who plans on being near Orange Beach for the Memorial Day weekend?

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we took a spur of the moment "we hate Iowa winters" family vaca to Orange Beach, SANS BOAT :( i had it apart for winter repairs. GORGEOUS place-happy to be there in the off season. looks like it might be a madhouse during the peak to me.

Stayed at one of the Phoenix Condos. Kids had a blast, but we all managed to catch the flu on the drive...LOL Most definitely, we will be back with the boat!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
happy to be there in the off season. looks like it might be a madhouse during the peak to me.
it can be!! The trick to is to stay near Orange Beach and avoid Gulf Shores (more touristy)... unless you rent a house off of West Beach Rd.

I always recommend anything near 161, its a bit quieter. And if you can stay on Canal Rd you'll truly enjoy your trip.. but you're looking at more $$

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it can be!! The trick to is to stay near Orange Beach and avoid Gulf Shores (more touristy)... unless you rent a house off of West Beach Rd.

I always recommend anything near 161, its a bit quieter. And if you can stay on Canal Rd you'll truly enjoy your trip.. but you're looking at more $$
thanks for the tips!

The beach was a little taste of home for me, if not even better/cleaner (im a cali native living in the midwest)

I THINK we stayed in Phoenix 7 or 8? Don't remember lol. But it was down the road east of 161 a bit- almost to FL. quite nice. All the people we met were old folks, about to leave their condos and head home before the season. It was pretty funny.

I tell ya, We thought the boat envy we had was bad at the Ozarks. that was nothing compared to Orange Beach and Gulf shores. Those giant cruisers are so impractical for where we live. but that doesn't stop us from wanting one. :woot:

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Alabama Crew, I'll be staying in Gulf Shores June 20-27 for our extended family vacation and was hoping to meet some of you guys! I won't have my boat with me, but we plan on renting a double decker 20 person pontoon on that Thurs or Fri. I hope we can meet up while I'm in your area!

Let me know!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@shane hric - Sounds like y'all have a good time planned. I'll be getting home a day after you arrive and should be in town that weekend. (We may be going to PCB, FL)

I'll get a hold of you as we get closer to the dates. Either way I'm happy to tell you all the good local spots that I know of. Look forward to meeting you!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@shane hric - Are you still coming down to the beach on the 20th?

Don't know which way you are coming down but if you can (on your way down) stop at exit 35 on I-10 and head to Trattoria's Pizza. Recently voted one of the top 10 pizza places in the state.
https://www.facebook.com/Trattoria-Pizza-Italian-487622694672551/

Also wanted to make sure you were aware that the new beach express is open all the way to the interstate. Exit #49 will take you all the way down to the bridge.
(there is a $3.50 toll at the bridge) But will save you from a LOT of traffic and over 20 traffic lights.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey, Yes I'm still coming down. I'm traveling I65 south and cutting over. The Condo is 1027 W Beach Blvd. That Thursday we're renting a Double Decker Pontoon which can't leave the bay.

We're traveling down on the 19th and picking up a hotel prior to going in the condo. Let me know if we can get all our families together. I'll definitely check out the pizza place!

Thanks
Shane

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since you're on west beach - I suggest Bahama Bob's. Good food -- GREAT drinks!!

upload_2017-6-18_15-27-5.png