• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pedal Commander - Throttle Response Controller PC27 ?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ridesteady that is awesome. Two questions.
1- Will the factory cruise assist continue to work (the 200 rpm intervals with the factory rocker or jog dial buttons depending on model)

2- Is it possible to change the throttle response curve? Perhaps three pre defined curves plus stock. I think this may be possible with a Factor applied where at 2v there is no impact, below 2v result is a positive gain in the ouput to the ecm and above 2v the factor reduces the voltage output to the ecm.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ridesteady that is awesome. Two questions.
1- Will the factory cruise assist continue to work (the 200 rpm intervals with the factory rocker or jog dial buttons depending on model)

2- Is it possible to change the throttle response curve? Perhaps three pre defined curves plus stock. I think this may be possible with a Factor applied where at 2v there is no impact, below 2v result is a positive gain in the ouput to the ecm and above 2v the factor reduces the voltage output to the ecm.
Good questions, @Mainah!

1 - If factory cruise is set above 8 MPH, Ridesteady may try to adjust the throttles to sync the engines. I can't say whether this would cause the factory cruise to disengage - our test boat only has no wake mode. But then again, if you want RPM-based cruise and engine sync with much finer control, you could just use Ridesteady in RPM mode instead.

2 - No, there is no provision to adjust the throttle response curve. I know you were hoping for this, but it would take a fair amount of code re-writing to implement as the structure of our program did not anticipate that in the early stages.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good questions, @Mainah!

1 - If factory cruise is set above 8 MPH, Ridesteady may try to adjust the throttles to sync the engines. I can't say whether this would cause the factory cruise to disengage - our test boat only has no wake mode. But then again, if you want RPM-based cruise and engine sync with much finer control, you could just use Ridesteady in RPM mode instead.

2 - No, there is no provision to adjust the throttle response curve. I know you were hoping for this, but it would take a fair amount of code re-writing to implement as the structure of our program did not anticipate that in the early stages.
My best guess is cruise assist will work. My educated guess is that the evm simply adds 200 rpms for each up iteration on top of the 0 value mapping for voltage to rpm. Since the ecm is down stewam from ridesteady on the output side it will likely work.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback, @Mainah .

Perhaps it's because I'm so lazy, but I let Ridesteady do the work most of the time, whether we're wakeboarding, tubing, or cruising. May I ask when you prefer to have manual control? My expectation would be that once someone had cruise control (that also synchronized the engines), that that would be their primary method of throttle control.
I am researching yamaha models right now for a spring purchase, and i am a bit confused by this thread. Would adding ride steady allow me to use one throttle lever since sync kicks in over 8mph (so I can purchase a non-Eseries model yet have single-lever control)?

The wife will be driving part of the time and doesn’t Like the thought of dual levers (which may lead me to either get an E-series model or go to Scarab....)

And any reason why 8mph was chosen?

Also, has it been confirmed whether or not cruise assist will work with ridesteady active?

Thank you

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am researching yamaha models right now for a spring purchase, and i am a bit confused by this thread. Would adding ride steady allow me to use one throttle lever since sync kicks in over 8mph (so I can purchase a non-Eseries model yet have single-lever control)?

The wife will be driving part of the time and doesn’t Like the thought of dual levers (which may lead me to either get an E-series model or go to Scarab....)

And any reason why 8mph was chosen?

Also, has it been confirmed whether or not cruise assist will work with ridesteady active?

Thank you
Ridesteady does not have single lever operation. There's a few reasons why.

First, it would require defeating our hardware safety measures. Ridesteady is designed so that the throttle levers (binnacles) always set the maximum throttle of the engines. If you had single lever operation, it would require that the cruise system override the throttle position of the "slave" engine in order to match the "master" engine (unless the slave engine's throttle lever were put in WOT). The hardware in our system would not allow this, for safety reasons.

Second, it's less intuitive than you think. We modified a system to work in single lever operation to see how it would work. The issue is, you still have to move the "slave" engine's throttle lever to the "forward" or "reverse" position each time the master is moved, so that the reverse gate / bucket is in the correct position. In single lever operation, we found it pretty annoying as we were always forgetting to move the slave engine's reverse gate.

Lastly, having Ridesteady eliminates the need to move the throttle levers for a good portion of the time. If you're using the cruise functionality, there are far fewer times when moving the throttle levers is required.

In terms of 8 MPH, it has to do with control dynamics and other considerations.

You can use cruise assist any time. It effectively overrides Ridesteady just as it overrides your throttle levers. But there's little reason to use cruise assist (except perhaps in "no wake mode") when you have Ridesteady.

I hope that helps!