• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Perfect pass install

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have a thread on how to install a perfect pass on a 23 foot yamaha with MR1 HO's? How much time I should plan on needing for the install? What tools or tricks are needed... any advice would be appreciated. @jcyamaharider I know you have installed one, did you create a thread?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was one of my first mods, About 2 hours as i remember, the hardest part was using their vampire connectors

We should have something in the faq

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've searched, but there are so many threads when you search"perfect pass install" it was hard to find one.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anybody have a thread on how to install a perfect pass on a 23 foot yamaha with MR1 HO's? How much time I should plan on needing for the install? What tools or tricks are needed... any advice would be appreciated. @jcyamaharider I know you have installed one, did you create a thread?
I actually didn't document my PP install, it was super easy though.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this one is like mine, with the throttle linkage,
no text but the pictures are accurate,

it's been 10 years but as I remember the PP instructions sheet is pretty good and it was easier (except for the connectors) than I expected,

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just opened the package and read the install. Seems pretty straight forward and easy. I was thinking I read somewhere that it was an all day event, but this doesnt seem to be.

Thanks!!!

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The install is pretty basic, only thing that might require tweaking is routing of the throttle cables. If perfect pass doesn't hold speed really well it could be because a throttle cable is binding a bit. In that case you might have to increase or decrease the cable bend in the engine compartment.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just installed mine 2 weeks ago in 2006 ar 230...took my time in a rainy Saturday..about 4 hours total...install sheet pretty self explains And a few searches on here. Got me through the whole process..I did not document it...all I can say is Wow. I've owned boats for 25 years I'll NEVER own a boat without perfect pass again. Makes surfing And wakebaording so much better for the driver..I can relax and enjoy the day instead of straring at speed And adjusting all the time. Your hand can not duplicate what perfect pass does. And slow speed , I Now put it down to 6 mph and it's way better than no wake mode.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
By the way if you haven't ordered it..perfect pass told me a month ago when in ordered mine they very well may stop building the servos for the mr1 mechanical version.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those who have done this, any advice on having the RPM’s to get even close from both engines? At idle and wide open I’m fine. Mid range, where we spend 99% of the time towing, the starboard is way behind. If I mess with the throttle stop adjustment, I can get the mid range closer but it results in idle/no wake being way off and starboard motor revving way higher than it should.

I boat used with PP installed already so I don’t know if my issue is with the PP or the boat itself in all fairness.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For those who have done this, any advice on having the RPM’s to get even close from both engines? At idle and wide open I’m fine. Mid range, where we spend 99% of the time towing, the starboard is way behind. If I mess with the throttle stop adjustment, I can get the mid range closer but it results in idle/no wake being way off and starboard motor revving way higher than it should.

I boat used with PP installed already so I don’t know if my issue is with the PP or the boat itself in all fairness.
I wouldn't adjust your throttle stop but the main throttle linkage that goes on the stainless plate. It has been awhile but I do remember having to mess with it on the water until I got them synced up better. I just carried 2 10mm wrenches and adjusted while on the water until I was happy.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid? I've been wanting one, and I also know they're thinking about discontinuing them, but I'm a little afraid of how much it's gonna be, and the price for the old style isn't listed on their website.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$1299 isn’t as bad as I was afraid of... now I just have to convince the wife that we need it. Or maybe she just won’t find out....

Attachments

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.gif

What ever is left is yours to do what you need!

Last edited:

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I paid like 1170 with a 10 percent off coupon.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I paid like 1170 with a 10 percent off coupon.
Was it a temporary promotion, or something that could possibly be gotten by asking? 😬

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sign up for their emails... they send out 10 percent codes on occasion, but I think it’s during off season times when they do it...

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a link to my entire 06 mods with some pics of surf set up. Near the end of it