• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pictures of your grilling setup on boat

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok well here's mine. Just a Magma kettle 2 grill. 15" mounted from a Scotty mount. I've used it about a dozen times and it's been flawless

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the same grill @ThatJeepGuy and love it! I like that it's small and easy to store, but it can really put out some food.

Grill.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How well and fast do these grills cook in comparison to a large normal grill?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How well and fast do these grills cook in comparison to a large normal grill?
I really like my Magma Cabo. I am sure that many other similar designs work just as well. It heats up very quickly and the burner is capable of overheating the grill body with the lid closed. I normally grill on medium or lower with the lid closed.

I have grilled fish, scallops, steak, sausage, hot dogs, shish-ka-bobs, pork chops, edamame, broccoli, tomatoes, potatoes, asparagus and corn on the Cabo and have been happy with all of it.

It is not as nice as the Webber Summit or an egg type grill but it is awesome for a portable grill.

Last edited:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
all this Weber Q 1200 talk has got me considering switching - i really like the Weber's burner layout as opposed to my Coleman's down-the-middle design. though i'm not sure i want to give up the compactness, side burner, and wind deflectors of my PerfectFlow.

View attachment 22021

i did the "standard" Coleman mod with a mount screwed-in underneath and added a 36" post to my collection. had to modify the saucepan to actually use the side burner on the water: https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-to-make-the-useless-stove-burner-of-the-coleman-grill-useful.3944/

i plan to add an additional mount in the floor of the bow this season because when the boat has the table in place and a few people in it, the swim deck can be a real hassle to get to and from.
It took me a minute before I noticed the grill in @CrankyGypsy 's pic. It must have been the table in the cockpit that distracted me.

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bought a table post kit from Magma and 3D printed a tapered adapter for the table leg. Screwed and glued, and it's ready to cook!

Attachments

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
dumb question time

do you store the grill while driving, then mount, heat, cook, let it cool and then store again for the trip back?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
my grill stand is both the short table leg with a scrap piece of 2" ss dairy tubing left over from a milk pipeline. cut at approx 29" a bit longer than long table leg. the stock table leg is too large in dia. to tighten up the grill mount. the 2" ss tubing. with flange accepts the grill mount and slips in and out of factory pedestal leg. the ss leg can be used as anti boarding equipment also ;)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I knew it was something crazy! Milk pipeline....yeah, I'll run down to ace hardware and pick that up tomorrow:rolleyes:

I ended up using a pvc rod holder extender where you have the milk pipe.

Nice work!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya benefits of diversified agriculture...lots of this 2" ss dairy tubing in this neck of the woods...cheap. Might have a couple extra pieces, you could cut to one length yourself @Murf'n'surf.

Last edited:

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
how and where are you guy storing your grills?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how and where are you guy storing your grills?
I store mine in the starboard cockpit bench seat, where the Yamaha cooler goes. I have all my grilling stuff (including my spare table leg) in a single carrying case. It's easy to drop in and pull out. I found that the Yamaha cooler was hard to use in that spot, so the grill took it over.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MrMoose what grill and case do you have?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine lives in the port bow seating. That's the closest spot to my mount.

Edit: I have the Magma Kettle II

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Magma Cabo (not sure if they still make it) with a Magma carrying case. The case fits everything I use for grilling: extra table leg, cutting board/shelf, propane, cleaning wipes, lighter, ...
I have mine configured so that I can comfortably sit and grill, and drink beer, and visit on the back deck:

But, as an alternative, @CrankyGypsy has a pretty nice setup too; if you look hard, you'll see that there is a grill in his pic:
upload_2017-4-8_8-27-53.png

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the ChefsMate magma and the magma grill case but it's big.... Looking for a better clever way to store.