• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pictures of your grilling setup on boat

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I recently purchased a Cuisinart portable gas grill and it sits on the factory boat table just fine. It is stable and what I like the most about it is you can close the lid over your food. We have used it on the last three outings and love it.
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CGG-180T-Gourmet-Portable-Tabletop/dp/B004H4WWA6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1406564074&sr=8-4&keywords=cuisinart grill
I have the same one and intended to use it on the boat but instead it has become our main grill since our home grill died. I like this grill as it's very easy to use, seems to always light right up, and cooks the food evenly. I have yet to try it in the boat which is what it was originally intended for. Glad to here it works well. I have a habit of burning off the crud before and after I cook and this melted the plastic lock mechanism on the front. I contacted Cuisinart about it and they sent me a new part. They said it shouldn't be run at high with nothing in it otherwise that will continue to happen. Seems like that plastic part should have been something other than plastic.

Attachments

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I carry a Coleman grill like the one in @Ronnie 's photo but I don't have it mounted. It's flat and stable on the table but I usually just have it sitting on the swim platform while I stand in the water flipping burgers and brats.

@farrelltravis has the same one with a mount that works with the standard table pole so it basically mount in place of the tabletop maybe he can share a pic and more details on the mount

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
image.jpg This is my current set up when I'm out on the river. But I definitely need to do something to get some hot food goin while I'm on the lakes in SE Wisconsin.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cooked up some prime top sirloin courtesy of Sams club. It was done perfectly to 125 degrees with beautiful sear marks thanks to the cast iron grates on the Weber Q. Instant garlic mashed potatoes as well. Mmmmm.. The dog wouldn't take his eyes off the grill! IMG_114108659066103.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I carry a Coleman grill like the one in @Ronnie 's photo but I don't have it mounted. It's flat and stable on the table but I usually just have it sitting on the swim platform while I stand in the water flipping burgers and brats.

@farrelltravis has the same one with a mount that works with the standard table pole so it basically mount in place of the tabletop maybe he can share a pic and more details on the mount
Apparently the better pictures I had of my grill set up I deleted. So, for now:

Here is the grill I have:
http://www.coleman.com/product/perfectflowtrade-instastart-portable-grill/2000004119?contextCategory=27110#.U9-xLuNdX1E

Here is the mount I attached to the bottom of the grill so that it fits in the stock table leg:
http://www.mobilemart.com/product.aspx?p=85061

Here is the best picture I have of it now. Nevermind the guy on the left...

imagejpeg_0t_resized.JPG

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
yea that guy on the left is getting in the way of that nice grill setup, need to get him to move a little :)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He did a fantastic job on our steaks at Broken Bow

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is my grill setup from a better angle.
21a28797-6d24-4add-a6ad-0337820487b1_zps557343bd.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Richard Lajoie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am just wondering if any of the main contributors in this thread are still monitoring it. Most of you Texas guys know I have been grill resistant and just gone with my foil/towel/cooler method of hot food transport and boating. Well, we are adding a grill to be able to use it on the motorhome and want to be able to use it on the boat if I so desire. I had it narrowed down to the Weber Q 1200, but it won't work for several reasons, although @steined may argue the point. They tell me it can't go on a table like it is being used, that it is too hot for that. But the actual reason I called them was about hooking to my propane accessory line on the coach...they say I can't do that either with that grill. There is a burner tube and if you remove the regulator that just sticks into that tube, you have no way of hooking any hose coupling to the Q. So it got X'ed off today. We have looked at everything from Charbroil, Coleman, and a slew of others, and the Magma is certainly the easiest to adapt to the coach, and to the boat. The model I am looking at is the Adventurer "Cabo" Model A10-703. It has folding legs so it stores easily and can be used stand alone on the ground, on a table, or on the boat with the T10-327 that @Bruce has, or the pole mount that @davel501 displayed from Yamaha. I am looking for a table that folds or some kind of stand for it and a prep surface for the coach. Ideas?

added...I see the Kuuma is also getting some good marks. My concern is that any grill designed for high pressure LPG, may not work on the coach with a standard bulk tank and hose fitting, just like the Q. Any knowledge any of you have will be helpful!

Last edited:

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the Weber Q, I've cooked all sorts of steaks, burgers, etc and never had any issues with the heat under the grill. The legs are even plastic so I can't see the table being an issue.

As for the connection between the RV and the grill,
and http://caloreequipment.com/products/cl/weber-q-lp-hoses-adapters-conversion-fittings.html might be what you are looking for.

Basically you remove the existing weber regulator, install a quick disconnect fitting in its place.

Get a hose that goes from RV port to new quick disconnect on the grill. RV Done

Get a quick disconnect for the removed regulator and install it on the regulator. Now when you want to use a 1lb bottle, you just attach that regulator to the quick disconnect. Portable/Boat Done.

My father in law was asking me about this the other day actually for his RV.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@steined , thanks for the insight! I am not sure it is that easy however. I get the liability issues that Weber wants to avoid. They have my name/address/phone/grill model dating back to 1995. So my question of hooking up to a low pressure source like a bulk supply tank, such as my big tank in my yard, or my 38 gallon tank on the bus, should have been easy, as that is how my Genesis 2000 is hooked up. She said now, even the larger models have a secondary regulator that must be changed, and that any change by anyone other than their approved service outlets would void a warranty. Now the Q warranty is of no concern, but she also told me that the burner tube coming out of the Q wasn't threaded to hold anything except the valve that is on it, and that removing it would just leave an open tube and nothing would hook up to it. Maybe I should go disassemble one and see, or do you know for certain that an adapter would actually screw into it? I am just going on what Weber told me yesterday, and no first hand experience with the Q.