• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Planning a Bimini run. How to check for weather?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for adventure?

2449401F-3E86-4CAE-94C6-DE44985BC328.png

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Have an inreach so track the trip??
Will definitely provide it on Friday once the final decision is made to proceed forward with the trip and no last minute hiccups. Planning on an 8am Saturday morning.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The plan is take the boat out a few miles on Friday afternoon/evening into the ocean to test the waters and get a comfort feeling of a Go/Nogo. If common sense prevails then the plans will change to head down south into the Florida Keys for the weekend, hugging the coast. Fingers crossed the wind intensity will go down in the next two days.

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Amar.....if you have to bail on your plans to Bimini, consider taking Biscayne Bay and the ICW down to the Keys. It's a beautiful cruise and a lot nicer than getting hammered by rough water in Hawks Channel.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hey Amar.....if you have to bail on your plans to Bimini, consider taking Biscayne Bay and the ICW down to the Keys. It's a beautiful cruise and a lot nicer than getting hammered by rough water in Hawks Channel.
Thanks @rkgdmd
Will definitely take this route as our backup plan. Any good snorkeling sites around or before key largo?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will try to monitor from Lake Ouachita.

Good Luck Lads

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
https://share.garmin.com/share/AMARNATHNANDURI

password is jb123@

I am expecting 2017 conditions. Crew of 6. @fromrio captain is also coming with us (He is the chaparral boat that crossed with us in 2017).
Current plan if weather does not turn nasty, is to start on Saturday morning around 8 am.
You guys driving back to VA @Amar Nanduri you want to pick up a car in ft lauderdale for me and drive it back up 95 so I don’t have to fly down and do it this week lol

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is under the assumption that he returned alive and with his limbs intacked

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That is under the assumption that he returned alive and with his limbs intacked
Bummer guys. Went on a trail run today evening from Miami towards Bimini. We got slammed real bad the first 2 miles (literally flying) and then the sea calmed down enough for our boat to bob and weave (instead of fly). After half a mile felt comfortable that we could handle the run tomorrow morning, decided to turn back and then we heard a piercing alarm from the boat. Reid tofogure out what it could be without luck. We limped back to Miami and spend the next hour trying to fix it without luck and the alarm finally stopped after two hours. So we decided to give up the run this weekend till we determine what caused the alarm to come in the first place.

We will aim for another run end of October if we find a calm weekend.

FYI the seas were as rough as 2017 maybe even more if a 36 footer was happily flying in the ocean.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You guys driving back to VA @Amar Nanduri you want to pick up a car in ft lauderdale for me and drive it back up 95 so I don’t have to fly down and do it this week lol
I am flying back Robert. Wife will kill me if I don’t report back on time :)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
glad to hear that yall come back safely

PS. An alarm usually is Poseidon telling to get out of his playground. Good call to turn around