• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Polk PA4A upgrade to Polk UM2?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From just a quick search they look to be the same. one sight listed both part numbers in the description

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like the Polk Marine PRC200BC is a cheaper alternative replacement for the pa4a

Last edited:

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My screen is dead on my 2016. Just last trip bluetooth stopped working and there is no way i can turn it back on. I had to order a new rear deck unit. 400 dollars later. Who is this ASA you guys talk about? Email address or phone number i can reach them?
Last I spoke to them they told that there are no more replacement units (of the original controller or remote) available for the PA4A and that I would have to upgrade (or use the PRC200 or 100 remotes), but they couldn't tell me if any of the new head units were compatible with the 2015 Connext. So looks like I'm going to be going to an external controller at the helm for the new stereo.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I guess my boat has the pa450um back remote. I just ordered the pa4a. Are they interchangable?
You must have got lucky to find a new PA4A unit. Where did you order from?

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You must have got lucky to find a new PA4A unit. Where did you order from?
The place i ordered from had 4 in stock. Great lakes skipper sales team or something like that. I cant believe how good the customer service and part service is with ASA electronics. They are going to have me send them my p1450um unit and they will warranty it. Of course thats after i already ordered a new unit.

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I also just ordered a PA4A from Great Lake Skipper. $350 shipped for PA4A kit (tuner + commander). Figured I needed the entire kit since I was coming from a PA450UM that the previous owner said wasn't working. It came in the original box, but the packaging was a little lacking. Seemed like maybe some of the original styrofoam was removed for some reason? Otherwise, it looks to be original, in good shape, and with all accessories including the cover.

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also just ordered a PA4A from Great Lake Skipper. $350 shipped for PA4A kit (tuner + commander). Figured I needed the entire kit since I was coming from a PA450UM that the previous owner said wasn't working. It came in the original box, but the packaging was a little lacking. Seemed like maybe some of the original styrofoam was removed for some reason? Otherwise, it looks to be original, in good shape, and with all accessories including the cover.
Just ordered the same unit $340 shipped isnt bad. Gonna put away when it does crap out. Cause I am sure when mine goes I will be SOL. And i don't want to mess around with trying to find something else that will be connext compatible

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IM pretty sure you dont need to change anything, just plug in the PA4a and go. Can you confirm that. ASA was 99% positive its plug and play with the Pa450ums

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
IM pretty sure you dont need to change anything, just plug in the PA4a and go. Can you confirm that. ASA was 99% positive its plug and play with the Pa450ums
From everything I could find online, that's what it looks to be like too. I will be working on it this weekend, and will try that before totally swapping out the tuner too.

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From everything I could find online, that's what it looks to be like too. I will be working on it this weekend, and will try that before totally swapping out the tuner too.
Im doing mine today, so i might be able to let you know first. I had to bribe the wife to reach in and get those 2 small nuts off. I think they are 7mm right??

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pa4a works.
I didn't realize it was the whole unit not just the screen. Unfortunately it didn't fix my Bluetooth connect issue. Tomorrow I will remove the pa450um brain and slap the pa4a brain in because I think the Bluetooth died in the old brain. I tried the hard reset and that didn't work either.

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pa4a works.
I didn't realize it was the whole unit not just the screen. Unfortunately it didn't fix my Bluetooth connect issue. Tomorrow I will remove the pa450um brain and slap the pa4a brain in because I think the Bluetooth died in the old brain. I tried the hard reset and that didn't work either.
Yep, entire kit. That's why I ordered it, because previous owner said Bluetooth stopped working. I think you'll find success with that, and hoping I will too.

lyrikz74

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, entire kit. That's why I ordered it, because previous owner said Bluetooth stopped working. I think you'll find success with that, and hoping I will too.
Brain appears to be plug and play also, i will find out tonight.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish my brain was plug and play. I seem to always be losing it

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All,

I have a 2016 AR240 with stock Polk PA4A wired remote.
The remove is covered with the grey cover, the volume button is not turning anymore and i never use the remote. Never.
Screen also has some condensation building up inside. I'm not sure if any of the buttons is working on the remote since I never use it.

Yesterday while listening to some music (using iphone via Bluetooth) the volume started acting up going up and down on his own.
I switched off the batteries a few times but the issue persists. Sound volume is going up and down making small "bips" through the speakers.

I don't think it is a touch screen issue with the main Connext.
I suspect an issue with the PA4A wired remote.

Anybody else had similar issues or can help me identify what the issue is?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Brain appears to be plug and play also, i will find out tonight.
Did you have a chance to swap it out? I may buy one of the remaining PA4A systems and stash it on the shelf.

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you have a chance to swap it out? I may buy one of the remaining PA4A systems and stash it on the shelf.
I swapped mine out this weekend. Both combinations work with connext, either the PA4A controller with the PA450UM Tuner, or the full PA4A system

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All,

I have a 2016 AR240 with stock Polk PA4A wired remote.
The remove is covered with the grey cover, the volume button is not turning anymore and i never use the remote. Never.
Screen also has some condensation building up inside. I'm not sure if any of the buttons is working on the remote since I never use it.

Yesterday while listening to some music (using iphone via Bluetooth) the volume started acting up going up and down on his own.
I switched off the batteries a few times but the issue persists. Sound volume is going up and down making small "bips" through the speakers.

I don't think it is a touch screen issue with the main Connext.
I suspect an issue with the PA4A wired remote.

Anybody else had similar issues or can help me identify what the issue is?
I would agree, probably an issue with that remote in the rear. If you disconnect the commander/remote (which may not be easy) does that stop the random volume adjustments? The radio will power on without that commander remote attached which should allow you to test if Connext is the issue or not.

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would agree, probably an issue with that remote in the rear. If you disconnect the commander/remote (which may not be easy) does that stop the random volume adjustments? The radio will power on without that commander remote attached which should allow you to test if Connext is the issue or not.
Thank you @Yoda715. I disconnected the wires remote at the helm but when I do that I get a Stereo Communication Error. I assume if I disconnect at the remote it will be the same.