• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Could I replace Polk Audio UMC1 to my broken Polk Audio PA4A

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters,

I would like to ask our group, who has replaced their stern remote stereo of Polk Audio PA4A to a Polk Audio UMC1?
is it compatible ( in terms of hardware size installation at the same spot where the old polk audio PA4A was installed and system compatibility ) with the CONNEXT system of 2016 Yamaha 242 Ltd S e-series? Before i purchase this Polk Audio UMC1.

Thanks so much in this group in advance.

Sergie Tan

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe they are both interchangeable, it has been discussed here before. If you do a search here you should find many posts on it

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks soooo much @Neutron. I will try to search that post.

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As a back up...i saw a used polk PA4A system with control unit on ebay i think it was $179.99. Just a thought.

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello @Rodder77 , Thanks much for the info. do you still have the link?

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Rodder77 thanks so much, i will try to contact the seller

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @Yoda715 i guess i will give it a try....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @Yoda715 i guess i will give it a try....
Please be sure to post your results. I've also found Polk's tech support to be decently responsive....might ask them directly.

Look forward to hearing your answer as mine doesn't have much life left in it!

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
just popped up on ebay - polk pa4a says new open box

Martincfi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Circling back on this old thread to see if anyone has any updates. I have the PolkPA4 and I need to replace it. Ideally with the Polk UMC1RTL which I understand is the model replacement radio from Polk. I talked with ASA electronics support and they said it should work with the existing harness, however no one can tell me for sure if it will interface with the Yamaha Connext system as the PA4A does. I have a 2018 AR240 and would like to no if anyone else has made this installation? Would love your feedback and advice.

Mark002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Circling back on this old thread to see if anyone has any updates. I have the PolkPA4 and I need to replace it. Ideally with the Polk UMC1RTL which I understand is the model replacement radio from Polk. I talked with ASA electronics support and they said it should work with the existing harness, however no one can tell me for sure if it will interface with the Yamaha Connext system as the PA4A does. I have a 2018 AR240 and would like to no if anyone else has made this installation? Would love your feedback and advice.
Did you ever make the swap? I'm trying to determine if it will work with the Connext.

Martincfi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever make the swap? I'm trying to determine if it will work with the Connext.
I did not make the change. I was able to get my stereo to work so I didn’t need to swap it after all. Sorry I couldn’t give you more info.

Radams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wondering if any of you ever tried this replacement? Any feedback would be great.