• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possible lawsuit against Scarab/Glastron/RBH (discussion thread)

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Swatski - totally understand and I looked for that at ramp after putting boat on trailer - I realize sometimes you can't see it from either end ( I currently own a true GPS 80 mph 2010 RXP-X, and have had Kawi's, Yami's and about 15 SeaDoos in the last 20 years). I'm VERY familiar with ski's. pumps, and the powerplants - have changed out s'cers before, impellers, grates, etc. So I completely understand that it doesn't take much.

I hope that all is good with the boat - it is not a cheap toy. I love the looks and the comfort and the power - but I will admit , looking at these threads and posts are not good for the psyche when you just plunked down some serious jack for a new boat. Having the dealer tighten up every single clamp on the boat now - hopefully they will do a good job. I don't trust many people to work on my stuff and I don't feel to good right now about not having a good relationship yet with the mechanic at the dealer. Having a hose pop off at WOT is not a good feeling as you know that could have been a different clamp like the inlet to cool the exhaust down and sink the boat. I'm very interested in WHY the hose popped off in the first place. to be honest - I'd LIKE to know that it was simply loose because some guy at the plant forgot to tighten it or got lazy -- at least I know that I can fix that properly and it shouldn't happen again. .. but if the hose BLEW off due to being WOT and producing full boost - then that scares me more - as it will be seeing WOT again.. Is there a blockage in the intercooler? Don't see how but I've seen stranger things.. I just want to regain some confidence so that I'm not worried taking it on 60-90 mile cruises. I thnk I'll be fine, just didn't like the feeling of having an oh crap moment first time out.

Curious of all that have put on the Cobrajet fang/fins are they worth it?