• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Prepping / refurbishing the boat for next season

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great! I would have left way more adhesive if i was going to add more adhesive over it. I'm thinking snap in carpet might be better for me. I already have snaps a just no carpet.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Big job! You're getting it done though! I was lucky in removing the OEM material on our swim deck before putting on our Seadek. Mine came off in one piece due to the cold, adhesive and all. Have to say, our Seadek is the best thing we've done to the boat for sure.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys.
I was looking at jet boat pilots seadek products last night and may go with a dual density swim deck kit which would replace the swim deck bottom cushions on the top step. People including myself, Tend not to step on the cushions in that area which makes it less useful overall. If jBP can emboss my boat’s name on dual density back cushions/pads on the lower step I’d replace the stock backs/cushions as well.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dual density or dual layer? Dual density would mean that you have one harder material then another on the same pad.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats a great idea! Now to come up with a boat name....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dual density or dual layer? Dual density would mean that you have one harder material then another on the same pad.
I think the text bubbles in the pics I saw said density, the base layer was at least twice as thick as normal. I’d like the entire upper step on the swim platform in that, along with new lower step seat back cushions among a few other things. I feel sick and need retail therapy. @JetBoatPilot will be my first call tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just ordered a bunch of seadek from JBP, basically everything but the cockpit kit/carpet replacement parts.

Also shout out to Boat U.S. for treating me right once again. Their rep came out on Wednesday and so did the gel coat guy. Yesterday I got an email stating my claim was approved and closed. I should receive a check within 7 to 10 business days.

Can anyone guess what the quoted and approved amount is to repair the damage in the pics below?

by the way, the gel coat guy had been doing it for over 30 years and said it would only take him a few hours to repair the damage but that he would keep my boat for a week to let the repairs cure properly.

FYI the bow damage goes all the way through to the anchor locker.
3953CE97-2EC3-4109-9980-6A3DC2E8B91A.jpeg ABA2C777-5996-4178-A343-4FCF677C4037.jpeg F1EABA1B-48B4-4E42-834E-EED4F8E0982A.jpeg 78E009BF-5EC3-4E0A-BE5D-9A791F842D4C.jpeg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
$1000

The one on the starboard side doesn't look too bad, but the anchor locker.....OUCH!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not $1k, my son and I guessed that as well.

Any other guesses?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
1450? How did that happen?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@adrianp89 , long story short, “I F’d up”, put my boat between a dock and barge (holding a walk way to the dock), didn’t give it enough throttle to over come the current and drifted into the dock stern first then in the same docking exercise I hit forward instead of reverse and rammed the metal mount that held the dock to the pier with the bow.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The total and approved repair quote is $3,555. My deductible is 1% of my boat’s hull value so I expect a check for about $3,200.

Yeah, I spent 10 years getting three degrees and realize that I’m in the wrong profession compensation wise.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I talked to another nearby fiberglass repair shop and based on just my pics he quoted me at least $2,500 mostly associated with the damage at the stern because the repair area would have to be large to blend properly. I’m take it to the first guy I just wanted to get at least one other estimate.

I also found a local marine upholstery shop that will repair my custom Bimini boot for $150. In addition to repairing the sides which rub against the Bimini hardware when stored she will also put a layer of vinyl on the inside to reduce the rate of wear. For another $350 she is making a new and improved boot for me in black. Both should be done in about two weeks and I didn’t have to bring the boat in, just the current boot and a few pics. When I have it all in place I will be able to simply remove the boot and extend the Bimini (in stock or extended form) to deploy it. No more trying to attach the leading edge of the bimini to the tower with four zippers on a hot days. We went on to discuss having her make two somewhat transparent sun screens like @zipper has (see his avatar) and she suggested mounting alternatives as well as colored material not available from sunbrella. I’m considering the light brown/tan material in the pic but his may be on next year’s mod list along with a new Bimini which I would have to bring the boat in for.
EB25413E-2C3B-4DD2-9900-B89FC1800510.png
image.jpg

I’m additon to buying two slam latches for the anchor and ski lockers I also bought some replacement parts for my fresh water wash down shower head. The tip unscrewed and fell into the water on my last outing. Yamaha Sports Plaza does not stock it or any parts, a similar one on amazon is priced at $50. Luckily the plumbing rep at my local Home Depot helped me locate what I needed for $10.

270D915A-F5B7-4A8B-BBA3-3172314C0FE7.jpeg
8745CDC7-35F4-4C7B-B018-FE1F0D57861A.jpeg
44DD031A-7C93-45AB-A8FC-107907ABA76F.jpeg
89917F47-C7C8-4E34-9C43-44AC850271C6.png

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When things go to $h1t and they sometimes do, my rule is hands off the throttle and all hands grab fenders and fend. Sorry that happened.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie Love it! IMHO, I prefer the darker, contrasting color, would look great with your tinted windshield. But to each their own. For reference, they cost us about $150 each and we love them and use them alot. I have tested at speed to about 35mph with no negative effects. Here is one layed out, I realize yours will be a different pattern.
1207160742.jpg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finished mounting the satellite antennae on top of the tower mounting point today. It took a lot long longer than expected. Started last week and i ended up copying what @zipper did by drilling a new holes through the hull and tower for the lead to the cockpit. I wish I would have done that last weekend. I think it looks good and am sure I will always have good reception from now on (nobody sitting on it like when it was mounted on top of the speedo gps antennae / puc .

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @zipper , I think my screens will start at the joint between the front and side windows , follow the side windows tops down to the rear tower support, which would go all the way to and across the Bimini top back down to th starting point it his I’ll wait until next year along with a few other things so I have time to choose a color. .

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finished mounting the satellite antennae on top of the tower mounting point today. It took a lot long longer than expected. Started last week and i ended up copying what @zipper did by drilling a new holes through the hull and tower for the lead to the cockpit. I wish I would have done that last weekend. I think it looks good and am sure I will always have good reception (nobody sitting on it like when it was mounted on top of the speedo gps antennae / puc .

7F7DA296-A0F2-48E3-B8E6-5506A92E103E.jpeg D89236A8-1A2B-4DF0-9A86-026BB30D206D.jpegBD4C7C15-9FEC-4622-BD42-4DAFE5143914.jpeg

P.s. , this mod actually started a few years ago when I bought the adapter to add a nav light at the same point, I just used it for its flat surface with the satelitte radio antennae I just installed.

Last edited: