• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pricing and feature grid for 2024 model year line up

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the Kw sticker on the 1.8L's ?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the Kw sticker on the 1.8L's ?
NA 1.8 is 118kw/158.2hp
Supercharged 1.8 is 184kw/246.78hp

From Green Hulk back in 2017

184 kilowatts is the rated nameplate engine power.

Which is 250 metric horsepower, or 247 British/Imperial/American horsepower.

It possible that Yamaha is modestly underrating the nameplate kilowatt engine power to appease insurance or regulatory requirements in certain regions.

Note that marine engines are allowed to be up to 10% more or less powerful than the advertised/labeled number.

So that 184 Kw rated motor might actually deliver plus or minus 18 Kw.
(Looking at the upside, 184 + another 10% = 202Kw, which would be 270 hp
1692196309436.png

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok, so y’all have mentioned interior colors but I dont see anything on the Yamaha site when you go to “build” your boat. Not much to select but accessories. How do you find out what interiors are available and how do I find pictures of them?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok, so y’all have mentioned interior colors but I dont see anything on the Yamaha site when you go to “build” your boat. Not much to select but accessories. How do you find out what interiors are available and how do I find pictures of them?
Go into the app and select the different colors and take note of the color of the interior with the different hull colors.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Two exterior colors and two interior colors. You can't choose anything else. And each exterior color has an interior color that can't be changes. So you get 1 of two choices per model.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok.. downloaded the app, been on the website and have not seen a single thing that shows any, regardless of hull color, what the interior colors are or even available.

what am I missing?

don’t mean to be difficult but just find it strange

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are correct, they do not make it as easy as say when you build/design a car with a 3D modeler. Have you looked at the Brochure? They seem to have more pictures of each model there and you can get an idea of what the light vs dark interior colors look like.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
NA 1.8 is 118kw/158.2hp
Supercharged 1.8 is 184kw/246.78hp

From Green Hulk back in 2017

184 kilowatts is the rated nameplate engine power.

Which is 250 metric horsepower, or 247 British/Imperial/American horsepower.

It possible that Yamaha is modestly underrating the nameplate kilowatt engine power to appease insurance or regulatory requirements in certain regions.

Note that marine engines are allowed to be up to 10% more or less powerful than the advertised/labeled number.

So that 184 Kw rated motor might actually deliver plus or minus 18 Kw.
(Looking at the upside, 184 + another 10% = 202Kw, which would be 270 hp
View attachment 206566
500 hp sounds better than 494 hp doesn’t it?

If green hulk is correct, now we know why Yamaha doesn‘t list Hp ratings except for their SVHO engines. This makes me think of the SAE tow rating that Toyota was the first to adopt, then Ford then GM & Dodge, that SAE tow rating took away the ability to make claims in very specialized trims.
350C9A6C-AD84-4811-A138-1A2EB1FC5E6B.jpeg

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@VitaminSea

Thanks brother. Yea, that helped. And No, they do not make it easy. Hell they don't even mention interior colors/options on the website. Thank God for this forum.

Rant over. I'm just trying to show Hot Momma the new colors to get her "more" on my side..LOL We are both lovin the mocha interior.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok.. downloaded the app, been on the website and have not seen a single thing that shows any, regardless of hull color, what the interior colors are or even available.

what am I missing?

don’t mean to be difficult but just find it strange
Sorry….. all I was looking at was the fsh models and if you go through the different models you cas see the cool and tan interiors..

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@VitaminSea
they don't even mention interior colors/options on the website
It would be a different story if there were options, but as mentioned, the interior color is matched up with the exterior color at the factory. And a person does not order a color combination from the factory. Folks are putting a deposit down on an allocation of particular colors that the dealer may be getting in. Nobody truly places an order with Yamaha.

Your only true option is exterior color, matched with interior and painted/galvanized trailer. Otherwise, there are not real options to choose like a car.

At this time, it would makes sense to ask your dealer, what colors they are getting in, and then compare it to what you can find online.

Good luck, it's going to be fun!

WaveJunkie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Skimming through posts, stopped here and thought you guys might like these random pics I grabbed from the LA auto show I had the chance to attend last weekend. The 450 stands around 7 feet tall. The boat looks like my Scarab.

Attachments

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just going by the Yamaha website, it looks like the 22ft models 222S and above and 25ft models 252S and above all have factory underwater lights. Can someone with a 2024 model confirm this?

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just going by the Yamaha website, it looks like the 22ft models 222S and above and 25ft models 252S and above all have factory underwater lights. Can someone with a 2024 model confirm this?
Confirmed. My 2024 255xd has underwater lighting under the rear deck.