• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Quick anchor locker fix

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought these on eBay for $5.24 ($2.40 plus $2.84 shipping).Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 9.23.35 PM.png

Plugged the drain hole and tested by filling it with water.IMG-7915.JPG

I will keep it plugged while using the boat.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yep. I did this last year when I was finding wet carpet under the rear seats. Stopped the problem completely.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I like it

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
What was the problem? Water getting inside?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, and then it drains in between the hull and anchor locker, filling the bilge. You can fix the separation issue with some 3M 5200, I chose to get a simple plug. Some do both.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, and then it drains in between the hull and anchor locker, filling the bilge. You can fix the separation issue with some 3M 5200, I chose to get a simple plug. Some do both.
so the plug doesn't need the 5200? Does it seal the space between the two layers?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was at WalMart today and they sold the plugs in the Marine section.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw 1 inch plugs. Guess that's gonna be too big

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought most water comes up through the hull fitting and then fills the anchor while also dripping between the drain area. How are you getting that much water in the anchor locker?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I thought most water comes up through the hull fitting and then fills the anchor while also dripping between the drain area. How are you getting that much water in the anchor locker?
No, it leaks in between the outer and inner hull as the water is coming into the anchor locker drain because of inadequate seal of the drain insert not fully extending and sealing the space between the inner and outer hull. Some white 3M 5200 on the inside is a pretty easy fix for this issue though.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MidnightRider , I don’t understand how water gets in the locker if a drain plug is put into the top of the drain hole. I understand the issue with the leaking.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@MidnightRider , I don’t understand how water gets in the locker if a drain plug is put into the top of the drain hole. I understand the issue with the leaking.
Oh - I assumed the plug in the anchor drain fixes the issue, maybe i missed something in this thread.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought these on eBay for $5.24 ($2.40 plus $2.84 shipping).
Thanks for posting this! Haven't had the wet carpet issue yet, but until the dealer goes through my punch list (which includes this) this fall I might as well throw one of these in the drain just in case!

Happen to have a link to the ones you bought? I'm finding 7533PD1's for close to that cheap, but I only found "Set of 5" on the 7533A7 (model in your pic). Not sure off-hand what the difference is between the PD1's and the A7's, but if you've confirmed the A7's work, barring any other info, I'll go with those..

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought these on eBay for $5.24 ($2.40 plus $2.84 shipping).View attachment 90132

Plugged the drain hole and tested by filling it with water.View attachment 90133

I will keep it plugged while using the boat.
So, I just got these. Couldn’t get it to fit on the inside. Too much unfinished area, the plug barely reached to the drain tube. So, I installed on the outside of the boat as an experiment today.

Went and did a couple hours of surfing. Probably hit a couple decent waves when returning for a fallen rider. Got back on the trailer and opened the anchor locker.... there’s about an inch of water at the bottom. How the heck did that get in there?? Pulled my new plug out, and out comes some of that water.

Any thoughts?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So, I just got these. Couldn’t get it to fit on the inside. Too much unfinished area, the plug barely reached to the drain tube. So, I installed on the outside of the boat as an experiment today.

Went and did a couple hours of surfing. Probably hit a couple decent waves when returning for a fallen rider. Got back on the trailer and opened the anchor locker.... there’s about an inch of water at the bottom. How the heck did that get in there?? Pulled my new plug out, and out comes some of that water.

Any thoughts?
Which specific one did you get @BigAbe75 that didn’t work?
just noticed my anchor locker was wet last time I looked in there and was going to investigate further next time.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I am not sure I am understanding how this leak works....is it leaking underneath the drain plug? If i were to fill around the drain plug it would solve this problem? or is it the drain tube not connect properly to the drain plug?

Any help is appreciated,

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Any thoughts?
Over top of the bow, underneath the anchor locker cover?

I had someone comment that they never saw a bilge on the front of a boat before, had to explain what it was that was pissing water up there, and why Yamaha supposedly did this.