• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raising height of boat on trailer

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone...I have a question if anyone has raised the height of their boat as it sits on a galvanized shorelander trailer? I have my 2017 AR190 up for sale and the potential buyer has a steep driveway and has concerns with the low amount of clearance. It makes it up the driveway, but it is not easy and there is no room for error. The mounts under the bunks have 1 more hole that they could mount to and essentially raise the boat. Has anyone tried this? Will adding a larger set of tires work also? Looking for options. Thanks in advance.

Here is the current mount for the bunks

Attachments

• 20230526_114745.jpg
    20230526_114745.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 23
Depends on how much height you need….

On the 2020 210 FSH boats, the hull was very close to the fenders, one guy used a piece of 1” thick bar stock to go between the trailers trucks, and the trailer itself. All that was required besides the bar stock was new bolts that hold the truck to the boat trailer itself.

Here is the current mount for the bunks
Just keep in mind the higher you go the deeper in the water you need to get it to float off the trailer. Depending on the ramp it puts you further down the ramp

Back