• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rebuilding Yamaha Jet Boat Clean Out Plugs

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yea I thought so and I guess this site wasn't around back when those were first introduced to the public so unfortunately we didn't have any influence on that . Maybe the next one.

Kylesheffield13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
So would they work on the drain holes that have the screw in ?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
unfortunately NO!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I guess you could look for a used one I am not aware of any new ones available.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have, use and love the EZ Locks. I remove my plugs after every use and/or if there is any duration of time it may be sitting. but I simply remove them, silicone the plugs and tube, and lay them on their side in the tray..........whats the thinking behind leaving them in the locked position when not in use please ? spring tension/life?
+1 here.
I use the 303 protectant. You know, because it's for aircraft.
I LOVE EZ locks. And 303 protectant.

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So how could i fix it because I’m missing mine.
I believe that Yamaha started producing them again. GP1-67690-01-00 is one of the part numbers. I also believe that @JetBoatPilot produced some when Yamaha took them off of the market. He may know more.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Unfortunately for this situation he has the first type screw in clean out plug and they are not available , they did blow out but there was no fix for it, I recall someone in the past supposedly making aftermarket early style plugs but I was not impressed with those when I saw how they were made. And I suspect they went by the wayside

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So If he locates some source for the old cleanout plugs he may be helping others who need them I do know a lot of people just put them in the holes and epoxied them in permanently then I suppose they deployed my reverse move to remove the weeds from the pumps after that.

Kylesheffield13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
So If he locates some source for the old cleanout plugs he may be helping others who need them I do know a lot of people just put them in the holes and epoxied them in permanently then I suppose they deployed my reverse move to remove the weeds from the pumps after that.
I was thinking just putting a pvc cap and 5200 in it just to hold it until I️ found something else would that work?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking just putting a pvc cap and 5200 in it just to hold it until I️ found something else would that work?
Call @JetBoatPilot before you do that. I am almost certain that he produced some then Yamaha started making them again.

Another option might be to find new or used pump housings and plugs from a 2000 to 2005 LS/LX/AR. I bet you could swap them out.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You can not just plug the hole with P V C because the bottom of the plug is the bottom of your intake tunnel so it would disrupt the flow of water to the pump unless you filled in the hole with fiberglass Bondo to match the contour of the tunnel so as not to cause any disruption in that area or serious cavitation is sure to occur.

Kylesheffield13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
Would plugs from a 270 work on my 220?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would plugs from a 270 work on my 220?
I believe the answer is yes. There have been three types of clean out plugs. The screw in plugs used until 1999. The locking dogs plugs from 2000 until 2016 and the new twist lock plugs.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All the first version clean out plugs up to 1999 are the same regardless of the boat model but in the year 2000 the push button plugs were introduced and those also fit all the boat models so you only need to locate a early twist in plug to replace yours.
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-GP1-67690-01-00.html

Kylesheffield13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
Is there any way to bypass the system ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You can not just plug the hole with P V C because the bottom of the plug is the bottom of your intake tunnel so it would disrupt the flow of water to the pump unless you filled in the hole with fiberglass Bondo to match the contour of the tunnel so as not to cause any disruption in that area or serious cavitation is sure to occur.
So you would need to plug the hole on top and then go from under the boat , remove the intake grate for access and fill in the void with marine Bondo to match the contour of the intake tunnel so I would say it can be done

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How often do these go bad? I might just get a second set to keep on the boat, just in case.