• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Recipient of the wrong spark plugs

Redwhiteandblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all!
Ordered my goodies for my oil change at 10 hrs. Went ahead and bought spark plugs as well. Had a mishap and tr-1 plugs made the order sheet. I had them switch to the 1.8l kit. Long story short, my manual calls for ngk LFR6A, I was sent LFR7A. Specs are identical except for the heat range. Can anyone explain how/what the heat range is and how it would affect the 1.8h.o. motors?
I'm under the assumption the lfr7a would be for the super charged engines allowing them to run a little hotter?

I ask here, also waiting on a call back from the vendor.
If it's a non-issue, I don't mind running a cooler plug as I planned on doing this swap Saturday and the boat is 4 hrs away. However, I also dont mind waiting, but its definitely inconvenient to make a second trip and lose time on the water.

2021 ar250
11hrs

Thanks
Screenshot_20210603-160518_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210603-165339_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
after consideration of warranty purposes. I will be returning these plugs, waiting on the correct ones (LFR6a) for the boat, and perform the maintainance another weekend. Just disappointing as I had this weekend free from kids, family, etc. Now I'll burn up an actual boating day. Ugh. Rant over lol

You are doing the right thing.

Go change your oil as planned and go boating…you don’t need to change the plugs. Get the correct plugs and change them later, be sure and gap the new plugs before installing.

You do not want to use a hotter plug in your engine than specified, warranty aside. I would think these plugs, LFR6A would be available at auto parts stores. I bought my TR-1 plugs at an auto parts store.

I don't think you have to change plugs at the 10 hour service (I don't think my dealer changed the plugs, but I could be wrong...I should know that.). If you definitely do want to change them at this service, is there any chance you can return the wrong spark plugs to the vendor for a refund, but pick up the correct spark plugs somewhere else in person so you can still do the maintenance this weekend? Perhaps at a marina between you and your boat?

Back