• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Recommendations for a quality, yet reasonably priced, floor jack

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
New house - new garage - so I need recommendations for a new floor jack. My Ram is the heaviest of our two vehicles at around 5200 - 5400 lbs, as equipped. So this has me looking at 2 - 2 1/2 - 3 ton hydraulic floor jacks. Looking for a high quality, yet reasonably priced jack for the home garage. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Jim

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New house - new garage - so I need recommendations for a new floor jack. My Ram is the heaviest of our two vehicles at around 5200 - 5400 lbs, as equipped. So this has me looking at 2 - 2 1/2 - 3 ton hydraulic floor jacks. Looking for a high quality, yet reasonably priced jack for the home garage. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Jim
These are on sale every other week for 120.
Was on sale last week but not this week.
I have 2 of these. It puts things up and puts them down.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Was looking at Harbor freight at the beginning but after some reading on the forums had some doubts.
50% were using those and were very happy with it, other 50% were saying they would never trust these.
So decided to go with 3 ton Husky. I got low profile model for $179.
Looks like regular is $139

The 3 ton I have for $149 on sale now. I like it. Have been using it for past 3 years on 2 vehicles rotating/changing wheels.
Very happy vs messing with scissors lift option that comes with the car.

Husky does quality products so I picked it over Arcans, Harbor Freight, and others.
Doesn't mean others have bad products, I just trust Husky more. People on car forums have similar feelings.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have this one from Harbor Freight: 3 ton Long Reach Low Profile Professional Floor Jack

I needed something low enough to get under my Mustang, but also high enough to lift my Sierra (1500).
It's been a solid jack, lifts quick and drops smooth handles both vehicle heights, no problem.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have this one from Harbor Freight: 3 ton Long Reach Low Profile Professional Floor Jack

I needed something low enough to get under my Mustang, but also high enough to lift my Sierra (1500).
It's been a solid jack, lifts quick and drops smooth handles both vehicle heights, no problem.
Same one here, love it. If I was only lifting a truck I'd maybe go for the 4 ton super duty one. But I needed to get under corvettes.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have the yellow Daytona as well. Thing is heavy but I needed the low seat height and long reach. Has nips for greasing the joints. Solid so far. Also have an older lightweight aluminum for doing lighter work

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The Harbor Freight ones work fantastic. I own them and use them for cars, suv's and also jacking up the boat. I have the Daytona's.

Daytona™ Low Profile Car Jack (harborfreight.com)
I ended up picking up one of these. They had a $40 coupon that expired yesterday. Also picked up a new pair of jack stands as well, my last pair are probably 15 - 20 years old. There still is a $10 sale on these 3 ton jack stands. Out the door cost of $194 for both the jack and stands. I love not having a sales tax here in Delaware.

floor jack.jpeg

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate all the helpful posts! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up picking up one of these. They had a $40 coupon that expired yesterday. Also picked up a new pair of jack stands as well, my last pair are probably 15 - 20 years old. There still is a $10 sale on these 3 ton jack stands. Out the door cost of $194 for both the jack and stands. I love not having a sales tax here in Delaware.

View attachment 191966

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate all the helpful posts! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim
I have that exact same jack color and the same jackstands in black. I bought 4 jack stands that way I could put them under both axles on the boat to take the trailer completely off the ground. They work great.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve been using an aluminum harbor freight one for 15+ years with no issues. It lifts my land cruiser no problem and it’s the same weight, 5700+.

I have had a previous steel harbor freight one spring a bad leak. Just bad luck probably.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a mobile mechanic work on my truck brakes years ago and he had a battery powered floor jack. It worked well and quickly.....I never researched it.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the harbor freight Daytona as well. It's cumbersome a bit, but works great. I used it for stuck clean out ports after I first purchased the boat LOL...before the boat received the proper TLC. I actually take it when I trailer on road trips...I don't want to mess around on the side of the road changing a boat trailer tire nor truck tire for too long. It's also helpful when others have a flat. I live in Nascar country and I'm always working on improving my pit times....

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't have a need for one now, but after all I have read and heard about the Daytona Jacks, performance and warranty, I would see no reason in not going that way. Guys on the SXS forums are glowing about their new high lift off road jack for SXS's. It was released at SEMA this year.

yall_mahaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
If you are a Costco member, they carry the steel and aluminum Arcan floor jacks. The steel version looks to be the same design as the Daytona, Maasdam, Pittsburgh, and Esco from the YouTube video linked above. It is $20 less than the onsale HF Daytona and $60 less than the normal price. I have an older model of the steel one that has served me well for many years. It has a low profile saddle that I can get under my lowered 911 and has enough reach to do wheel swaps and rotations on the 4Runner. When we lived in Oregon, it was used for winter wheel swaps on three vehicles 2x a year and was used for brake / wheel swaps on the 911 for track days throughout the summer. In all of this use, it has never done me wrong. Plus in the end it is at Costco, if you do not like it or it doesn't work for you, they have easy returns. Just my $.02