• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rejex

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sealed my boat yesterday. We were on skiatook all day. I usually have to wipe down with boat bling. NOT TODAY!!! It looks like I just waxed it.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use REJEX on my camper and the bugs wipe right off. If you haven't tried Zymol detail spray you need to try it too. Its great for those in between times. Sprays on and wipes off with ease and makes the surface slick.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use REJEX on my camper and the bugs wipe right off. If you haven't tried Zymol detail spray you need to try it too. Its great for those in between times. Sprays on and wipes off with ease and makes the surface slick.
I'm about to rejex everything I own lol. I'm impressed. I might have to give zymol a try

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I jane used rejex for four seasons now and have 0 complaints. Great stuff.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have been using Rejex on my cars for 10 years now Works great.

Hike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do you clean with before applying Rejex?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
What do you clean with before applying Rejex?
Wash down the boat with a grease cutting dish soap like Dawn. Then apply Rejex. Help it to "stick" better which in turns makes it last longer.

Hike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How about polish for small imperfections? Maybe something without wax like like Meguires 205 or 3m Finesse-it?
Could Rejex be applied right after that?
Thanks

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is good to hear.

I've been planning to wash and clay bar the truck, then coat it in Rejex. Might add that process to the boat as well.

Can anyone tell me if I can do a single panel on the boat at a time over multiple days? Would like to be able to do it over a week in the garage and not have to commit an entire day on the weekend.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me if I can do a single panel on the boat at a time over multiple days? Would like to be able to do it over a week in the garage and not have to commit an entire day on the weekend.
Yes no problem with that

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is good to hear.

I've been planning to wash and clay bar the truck, then coat it in Rejex. Might add that process to the boat as well.

Yes you can polish it , but it will need to be strip after so you can apply rejex. Dawn dish soap used to wash the boat.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes you can polish it , but it will need to be strip after so you can apply rejex. Dawn dish soap used to wash the boat.
This ^

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it bad that I only ever wash the boat/truck with Dawn Dish Soap? It's always available, and cleans the "gunk" off the paint pretty well. I'm guessing once I have Rejex on there I should maybe use something else?

This is one of those "I've been doing it that way for 25 years and don't know any better" things BTW.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is it bad that I only ever wash the boat/truck with Dawn Dish Soap? It's always available, and cleans the "gunk" off the paint pretty well. I'm guessing once I have Rejex on there I should maybe use something else?

This is one of those "I've been doing it that way for 25 years and don't know any better" things BTW.
Understood, but you're never to young to learn. Car and boat wash soaps do not strip the wax off and helps to prolong it. Honest...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Understood, but you're never to young to learn. Car and boat wash soaps do not strip the wax off and helps to prolong it. Honest...
That's the other thing.....I think I've waxed a car once, maybe twice. Used granddads old "turtle Wax" in a tin can. Lots of manual labor there. Just always relied on the natural finish being cleaned often. Seemed to work OK as best I can tell.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Yeah I would wash with something a little more mild. The dawn is going to strip all the wax or rejex off that you put on. Unless you want to apply after every wash. Most of the time I will just run through and self serve wand car wash and just rinse it off. With rejex the rinse gets me really clean unless I am overtly dirty.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dish soap softens lacquer paint, but clear coat is ok. As stated car and boat wash does not strip wax.

Hike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you guys Rejex the entire hull including everything you can get to below the water line?

Thanks for all the great advice, this is such an amazing community!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you guys Rejex the entire hull including everything you can get to below the water line?

Thanks for all the great advice, this is such an amazing community!
Yep, sure do. I do 2 applications (just to make sure).

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wash down the boat with a grease cutting dish soap like Dawn. Then apply Rejex. Help it to "stick" better which in turns makes it last longer.
This. Regular old blue Dawn. I find it to be good prep, but I'm not the guy with a showroom finish on my cars. It suits my desires for what I'm looking to achieve.

I used to be the same way. Nothing wrong with it, if it suits your eye, but there's better materials out there for AFTER you've done the Dawn wash, and they're not expensive at all. If you've been satisfied with a Dawn wash and the once-in-a-lifetime wax application, using Rejex will be a revelation to you. If you DO go with the Rejex (or anything else), don't ruin your effort by using Dawn the next time, get a soap that won't strip the protection you spent all that time applying.