• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rusty seats

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone having issues with the bottom of the captain and first mate seat rusting? Yamaha made the seat post and the post bracket from aluminum, but not sure what the seat frame is made of but mine are both rusting. I scrubbed them both with LCR but I don't think that is going to stop the rust. I may have to take them apart at the end of the season.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone having issues with the bottom of the captain and first mate seat rusting? Yamaha made the seat post and the post bracket from aluminum, but not sure what the seat frame is made of but mine are both rusting. I scrubbed them both with LCR but I don't think that is going to stop the rust. I may have to take them apart at the end of the season.
I have seen issues with the cushion springs rusting, is that what is happening to yours?

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s actually the seat frame