• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Safety

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lord knows I’m far from perfect… I screw up on a regular basis and have the scars to prove it!

Having said that, today is one of if not THE greatest day to memorialize in our country and hits the nitrous for summertime activities. There’s going to be a lot fun and great memories made, and unfortunately some accidents (Accident definition=a series of unplanned events) and the best way to prevent accidents is to be as clear headed and focused as possible.

We always hear and see things talking about staying “dry”, which I totally agree with, but in todays electronics saturated world we don’t hear enough about being distracted, the USCG says 18% of all fatal accidents have alcohol as a contributing factor, I’d like to see what percentage of accidents, fatal and non fatal are due to being distracted. Theres enough distractions already with friends on board and tons of laughter and good times, especially plenty of scantily clad gals to take your mind off what you’re doing.. there’s nothing like a good looking girl in a bathing suit smiling and giving me a wave that will spin my head around like that possessed kid in the exorcist! I see a metaphor there!

Just wanted to post this up for all my jetboaters.net sistahs and brethren to take just a moment or moments to stay focused and prepare so we can all NOT have to share any tales of tragedies of a personal nature on the water this summer that we’re avoidable. Take your time, do a little homework, and have your stuff together to have as little bad stress when hitting the water. And just walk away from douchebags without a word.

As The Wild Stallions would say… Be Excellent to each other…

28051022-3881-4E9B-B13C-C2175C761698.png

A good reminder; thank you.

Also, in the vein of being excellent to each other, also keep your eyes open for the inevitable idiots and persons in need of assistance on the water. Especially on a holiday, folks are out who are not regularly out (and don't know what they are doing). If you can safely lend a hand, do so. And give everyone wide berth to protect against idiots.

A good reminder; thank you.

Also, in the vein of being excellent to each other, also keep your eyes open for the inevitable idiots and persons in need of assistance on the water. Especially on a holiday, folks are out who are not regularly out (and don't know what they are doing). If you can safely lend a hand, do so. And give everyone wide berth to protect against idiots.

Sage and excellent advice sir!

Back