• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sayings that have served you well

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
"Hope is not a strategy"

"The stock market is a means of separating the impatient from their money"

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Old College Professor told me this one: "If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"

But I have also tried to live by: "If people say 'you can't do it', do it twice. And take pictures"

Last edited:

diveDave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Old College Professor told me this one: "If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"

But I have also tried to live by: "If people say 'you can't do it', then do it twice. And take pictures"
My college professor was also a wise person and always told me : "Sometimes later becomes never. Do it now."
I don't know if he invented it or not, but this quote always helps me.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
My college professor was also a wise person and always told me : "Sometimes later becomes never. Do it now."
I don't know if he invented it or not, but this quote always helps me.
That is a good quote - original or not. Profs always seem to be a tad bit wiser than most...

Although, thinking back on the quote my Prof had said to us: "If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"... Maybe not the first thing i'd want to hear coming from the professor in a classroom full of students LOL i would HOPE he was the smartest in THAT room anyway 😅

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a good quote - original or not. Profs always seem to be a tad bit wiser than most...

Although, thinking back on the quote my Prof had said to us: "If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"... Maybe not the first thing i'd want to hear coming from the professor in a classroom full of students LOL i would HOPE he was the smartest in THAT room anyway 😅
I have a few friends who are professors. I would bet they are the first to tell you they hope at least a few of their students are smarter than them. They might not be as educated yet but may be smarter.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

LOL, did the professor leave the room?

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I tend to use this one a lot, and it serves me well in many situations-
“The road to hell is paved with good intentions”
Works in my private as well as my professional life.

“Everyone wants to go to the party, nobody wants to stay and help clean up”

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"What goes around, comes around"

My high school physics teacher's motto. He inspired me to pursue engineering, and I have many reasons to thank him for that.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always good saying for a boss having a bad day "Heavy is the head that wears the crown". They generally didn't appreciate my insight!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Always good saying for a boss having a bad day "Heavy is the head that wears the crown". They generally didn't appreciate my insight!!
LOL, I tell my guys that "My job is to get you close". They too hate it when I say that.