• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 215 HO Drive Shaft Lubrication

Shallow_jetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The Rotax Service Manual indicates that annual maintenance on the 1.5 4-TEC 200 should include Drive Shaft/Impeller spline lubrication and Drive shaft lubrication. I get the spline part (remove pumps, grease splines), but is there something else (grease fitting etc.) that needs attention as well? Just curious why it is mentioned twice. I'm at 70 hours but it's 5 years old. I normally just change oil and spark plugs every year.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yeah, I don't know anybody that goes beyond the splines at the impeller end. Definitely not annually. Here are two screenshots that show all the lubrication/grease points.

1652221117773.png
1652221135811.png

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Personally, I'm now at 240h, 5 seasons. I've only ever lubed the splines of the impeller end. I've also packed new grease in the impeller nose cone. Beyond that, no grease fittings or anything like that. Make sure your steering cable, etc. are nicely lubed up too. But there isn't much else.

Shallow_jetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Perfect. Thanks much.

Derek J

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 G
Boat Length
Personally, I'm now at 240h, 5 seasons. I've only ever lubed the splines of the impeller end. I've also packed new grease in the impeller nose cone. Beyond that, no grease fittings or anything like that. Make sure your steering cable, etc. are nicely lubed up too. But there isn't much else.
Any recommendations on how to lube the steering cable?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Any recommendations on how to lube the steering cable?
Not particularly no. I just spray WD40 or XPS anti-corrossive spray where it's accessible and work it.