• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Installation

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210709_194138.jpg20210709_194142.jpg20210709_194148.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Using the Spectrum Gel Patch was easier than I thought it would be. Reminded me of doing body work with bondo and Fiberglass on cars 35 years ago when I was a teenager.

I sanded the snaps with my orbital 5" dewalt sander with 220 Red Rosin paper briefly. Then I mixed the Gel Patch and applied it. Don't want to add too much of the catalyst to it otherwise it dries too quick. Put it on with a small plastic flexible bondo spatula i had lying around. Once dry I sanded it with orbital sander with 220 briefly to knock down the edges and level it out then 600 on the orbital then 1000 by hand quickly. Can't tell they were ever there. I also did a few nicks I had in the white gel coat, but ran some 2000 over those as well by hand. Looks fantastic, like a brand new boat, really happy about it. Will buff the couple spots tomorrow, going to buy a polisher. All and all not a bad job.

I noticed right away in the direct sun that the SeaDek was not hot to the foot. The carpet that I took out would be smoking hot. Admiral came to look and was happy at the temperature.

EDIT: To prepare the surface I wiped everything with Acetone, then I also used the 3M Primer which dries fairly quickly as well.

If I ever do upgrade, whomever buys my boat will have a very nice decked out boat.

EDIT: I pulled out the captains chair and the bench seat and removed them from the boat to make it easier. When I was test fitting the piece around the captains chair, I took the chair off the stand, and just mounted the stand back with two screws opposite ends of each other, that way I could just slide over the cut out with ease. Made the job much easier.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, I didn't know if it would look cheesy or not but after putting it on, it dresses it up nicely and takes it up a notch. It is almost a an AR211 :)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am regretting that I didn’t order the AR logo for the front after seeing these.
Call em up and order it, I am sure it isn't expensive.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I ordered additional pieces for my boat as well. Waited over 3 months for it to come in. The color was too dark. Turns out the warm color is "Dune" , and is not available yet.
I ordered warm a couple of months ago and it was to orange and the Mocha trim to dark. Received a new sample about 4 weeks ago, to tan and the trim to light. PBP and Will are working on it. Spoke to Marine Mat, you buy by the sheet, The two step overs (pcs 9 & 10) engine mat (piece 11B) and the table are about 6 times the price at Marine Mat. will run $350.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Using the Spectrum Gel Patch was easier than I thought it would be. Reminded me of doing body work with bondo and Fiberglass on cars 35 years ago when I was a teenager.

I sanded the snaps with my orbital 5" dewalt sander with 220 Red Rosin paper briefly. Then I mixed the Gel Patch and applied it. Don't want to add too much of the catalyst to it otherwise it dries too quick. Put it on with a small plastic flexible bondo spatula i had lying around. Once dry I sanded it with orbital sander with 220 briefly to knock down the edges and level it out then 600 on the orbital then 1000 by hand quickly. Can't tell they were ever there. I also did a few nicks I had in the white gel coat, but ran some 2000 over those as well by hand. Looks fantastic, like a brand new boat, really happy about it. Will buff the couple spots tomorrow, going to buy a polisher. All and all not a bad job.

I noticed right away in the direct sun that the SeaDek was not hot to the foot. The carpet that I took out would be smoking hot. Admiral came to look and was happy at the temperature.

EDIT: To prepare the surface I wiped everything with Acetone, then I also used the 3M Primer which dries fairly quickly as well.

If I ever do upgrade, whomever buys my boat will have a very nice decked out boat.

EDIT: I pulled out the captains chair and the bench seat and removed them from the boat to make it easier. When I was test fitting the piece around the captains chair, I took the chair off the stand, and just mounted the stand back with two screws opposite ends of each other, that way I could just slide over the cut out with ease. Made the job much easier.
This is cool to hear. As I have had a bottle of Spectrum Yacht blue in my shop for a couple years while I work up my nerve to pull the trigger. I have a couple spots in need of attention.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great, i have decided to do the same with the fall group buy

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may do the swim deck in the fall, but with discount and before jbp's july incease it was about the same so figured just do the cockpit now.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everyone taking a lunch break today while out doing watersports. They loved the new SeaDek. It stayed pretty cool compared to the carpet we had. First time out for everyone with SeaDek installed. Admiral, kids and their friends.

1626574431294.jpeg

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Pokes1789 Not sure how that would work out and I haven't seen it done, yet. Couldn't you get a slightly smaller one and put it under the Yamaha Logo there on the gelcoat?

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Pokes1789 Not sure how that would work out and I haven't seen it done, yet. Couldn't you get a slightly smaller one and put it under the Yamaha Logo there on the gelcoat?
That was the other thought. They didn’t have one smaller on the website and the depth is the same as the stock mat. My wife and I thought it just may look good cut into the mat 🤷🏻‍♂️.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it shouldn't be too tough. just trace it out and use a cutting blade to score it down to the gelcoat and the I would personally tear a bit in the center of the cut out and work to the outer edges, slowly and methodically pealing it up. once done clean up adhesive, acetone and then insert.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it shouldn't be too tough. just trace it out and use a cutting blade to score it down to the gelcoat and the I would personally tear a bit in the center of the cut out and work to the outer edges, slowly and methodically pealing it up. once done clean up adhesive, acetone and then insert.
Good call to work from inside to out on it. I got my full cockpit kit last week and going to install tomorrow 👍🏻

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you going to use Gel Coat Patch? for the snap holes? Some of the snaps are outside of the Sea Deck

Edit: do it before you put in the Seadek.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you going to use Gel Coat Patch? for the snap holes? Some of the snaps are outside of the Sea Deck

Edit: do it before you put in the Seadek.
I end up using the fast cure 4000 UV protection sealant. I was reading the process involved with the gel coat patch and I was afraid of screwing something up.