• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Installation

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Yeah, I wasn't going to deal with the color match, since it wasn't perfect and figured I would put it close and just replace the swim deck later.
Checking with Marine Mat as well. Live chat not going well.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone confirm which color I should purchase? Going to buy a bit extra to repair any nicks that occur as well so matching would be important.
Just saw this. Don't get any extra. Shelf life is 6 months per the packaging, and that's under perfect conditions. From the looks of what I have, there's more than enough to do the whole interior snap hole situation, and then some. Odds are that it'll be a crapshoot at best for getting extra just to have on hand - damage in the near future, great idea, damage down the road a year, you may be wasting time and creating more work for yourself removing the patch to do it with good fresh stuff!

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does the stick on SeaDek work above the gas tank? Does it completely cover the bolts that secure the access cover or are there holes cut for access?

It would suck to remove a permanently installed mat if there was maintenance to be done.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does the stick on SeaDek work above the gas tank? Does it completely cover the bolts that secure the access cover or are there holes cut for access?

It would suck to remove a permanently installed mat if there was maintenance to be done.
Any installation should allow access to hinges, screws, and other fittings. Here's the typical method of addressing these issues:

IMG_20160927_172110091_7655bc87-539f-4072-be16-331b6d848f5f_480x480.jpg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can Hardly wait. Looks like a Friday after work SeaDek install for the weekend. :) Maybe Thursday evening if it is early enough and the weather cooperates.

1625573717192.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SeaDek has arrived. Trying to figure out how to get out of the office early and go home and start working on the removing the snaps and filling.

I am going to also fix a few of the knicks in the Gel Coat in the cockpit, from boards, while I am at it. Been reading threads on Polishers and wheels and compound, trying to figure out which stuff to buy.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Ordered the step over and engine compartment SeaDeck in January color not a match think is was previous year/s. New sample arrived 3 weeks not a match either. Will at JBP is aware and is working to find a solution for the warm interiors.
I ordered additional pieces for my boat as well. Waited over 3 months for it to come in. The color was too dark. Turns out the warm color is "Dune" , and is not available yet.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
what the heck is taking you so long? :)

Looking forward to seeing the process completed as this might be in my future. I've removed the snap in carpet (gets wet and then smells, pain in the butt) and we just use the floor with the snaps. I should remove the snaps and fill the gap, I have NO plans on installing the carpet again.

Good luck with the install.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
USPS notified me that my Seadeck step over/on pieces arrive today - pretty excited to get them installed before the weekend!

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SeaDek has arrived. Trying to figure out how to get out of the office early and go home and start working on the removing the snaps and filling.

I am going to also fix a few of the knicks in the Gel Coat in the cockpit, from boards, while I am at it. Been reading threads on Polishers and wheels and compound, trying to figure out which stuff to buy.
Did you pick your color option to fill the holes? Where did you order if so, I just ordered my cockpit kit as well.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go figure it started to rain, was ready to do this, this evening or at least get underway.

20210708_155615.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210709_120704.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20210709_135904.jpg20210709_135916.jpg20210709_140015.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looking GOOD!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Waiting for Gel Coat Patch to fully dry then will sand and keep going. 5200 wasn't going to cut it for me. Also there are some snap holes by the rear seats the SeaDek wouldn't cover.