• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Installation

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The SeaDek that I put in barely gets hot, it is like night and day compared to the carpet and Platform.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All Done. Took about an hour or so. Used the 3M Primer as well. A small can did the whole boat.
20210908_144455.jpg

cgarofalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Using the Spectrum Gel Patch was easier than I thought it would be. Reminded me of doing body work with bondo and Fiberglass on cars 35 years ago when I was a teenager.

I sanded the snaps with my orbital 5" dewalt sander with 220 Red Rosin paper briefly. Then I mixed the Gel Patch and applied it. Don't want to add too much of the catalyst to it otherwise it dries too quick. Put it on with a small plastic flexible bondo spatula i had lying around. Once dry I sanded it with orbital sander with 220 briefly to knock down the edges and level it out then 600 on the orbital then 1000 by hand quickly. Can't tell they were ever there. I also did a few nicks I had in the white gel coat, but ran some 2000 over those as well by hand. Looks fantastic, like a brand new boat, really happy about it. Will buff the couple spots tomorrow, going to buy a polisher. All and all not a bad job.

I noticed right away in the direct sun that the SeaDek was not hot to the foot. The carpet that I took out would be smoking hot. Admiral came to look and was happy at the temperature.

EDIT: To prepare the surface I wiped everything with Acetone, then I also used the 3M Primer which dries fairly quickly as well.

If I ever do upgrade, whomever buys my boat will have a very nice decked out boat.

EDIT: I pulled out the captains chair and the bench seat and removed them from the boat to make it easier. When I was test fitting the piece around the captains chair, I took the chair off the stand, and just mounted the stand back with two screws opposite ends of each other, that way I could just slide over the cut out with ease. Made the job much easier.
First, I want to say thank you for the advice on the Gel Coat repair and for pointing me to this thread for additional guidance, great stuff in here! My Seadek arrived today so I am gearing up for install this weekend. One item I see you did here that I can't seem to figure out how to do it, is removing the bench seat. I see it's connected to the hull but I can't figure out how. Are there screws somewhere or does it snap in somehow? Just want to make sure I don't break it trying to remove it. lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are studs that are affixed to the seat with a washer and a nut that you have to get behind to take off. Kind of a PITA. At least this is on my model. I had to crawl in passenger side storage and you can see them back in there. Wear long sleeves :)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The SeaDek that I put in barely gets hot, it is like night and day compared to the carpet and Platform.
How did you get your Captains chair off ? I tried to lift mine off, no go. I want to remove the allen screw that keeps my seat from pivoting.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did you get your Captains chair off ? I tried to lift mine off, no go. I want to remove the allen screw that keeps my seat from pivoting.
Make sure the latch lever is unlocked and the tension knob is loose.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Make sure the latch lever is unlocked and the tension knob is loose.
Thank you…I tried that…maybe I’m weak…lol

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Has anyone had success removing that plug that limits the swivel?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. I took mine out on the first week I had it. Also I unscrewed my seat from the top mount when I did my SeaDek.

Last edited:

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone had success removing that plug that limits the swivel?
Yes I did mine after about a year when I finally remembered it at home. Every other time was out on the water and I didn’t have the right wrenches.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you…I tried that…maybe I’m weak…lol
I vaguely remember struggling too. Maybe the way it lines up with the seat makes it not pull straight up evenly.

JYAlumCreek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should. It is what I used and nothing has changed in the model line except exterior color and seat color not the gel coat white. Here is exactly what I ordered and used.

1632712493340.png

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw someone else mentioned this but what’s the difference between the “jet white” and the “white coat”?? White coat shows years 04-21 but jet white shows just 20-21…..we own a 2020 242se

C4C8206A-8861-4F94-A7C4-E6670F5189BB.png09A6888F-F1D0-4311-83CC-78C45760399F.png

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw someone else mentioned this but what’s the difference between the “jet white” and the “white coat”?? White coat shows years 04-21 but jet white shows just 20-21…..we own a 2020 242se
They're super easy to deal with, don't buy until you've reached out to them. They're more likely to know the difference between the two than anyone on here. Report back, for the person following you who might have the same question.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 171487View attachment 171488
Just call them. They will get you the correct product. I have purchased through them multiple times for myself as well as other members boats I did work on.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Using the Spectrum Gel Patch was easier than I thought it would be. Reminded me of doing body work with bondo and Fiberglass on cars 35 years ago when I was a teenager.

I sanded the snaps with my orbital 5" dewalt sander with 220 Red Rosin paper briefly. Then I mixed the Gel Patch and applied it. Don't want to add too much of the catalyst to it otherwise it dries too quick. Put it on with a small plastic flexible bondo spatula i had lying around. Once dry I sanded it with orbital sander with 220 briefly to knock down the edges and level it out then 600 on the orbital then 1000 by hand quickly. Can't tell they were ever there. I also did a few nicks I had in the white gel coat, but ran some 2000 over those as well by hand. Looks fantastic, like a brand new boat, really happy about it. Will buff the couple spots tomorrow, going to buy a polisher. All and all not a bad job.

I noticed right away in the direct sun that the SeaDek was not hot to the foot. The carpet that I took out would be smoking hot. Admiral came to look and was happy at the temperature.

EDIT: To prepare the surface I wiped everything with Acetone, then I also used the 3M Primer which dries fairly quickly as well.

If I ever do upgrade, whomever buys my boat will have a very nice decked out boat.

EDIT: I pulled out the captains chair and the bench seat and removed them from the boat to make it easier. When I was test fitting the piece around the captains chair, I took the chair off the stand, and just mounted the stand back with two screws opposite ends of each other, that way I could just slide over the cut out with ease. Made the job much easier.
I remember reading this when you were initially installing. I finally bought my marine mat with this most recent group buy. Will be installing over the off-season...great tips!

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @HangOutdoors, how did your gel patch hold up? Any yellowing yet? Would you go with the same product again?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Boat White 04-21 is the correct color for our boats. The Jet White 20-21 is for Jet skis.