• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Installation

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally pulled the trigger on replacing the snap in/out carpet with Marine Mat. Followed this thread for all the information, used the Spectrum gel coat repair paste to fill all the holes from the snap removal. 1st time ever doing gel coat repair and it was pretty easy. I have 1 piece left to put in, the piece that goes under the passenger captains chair, I wasn't sure how to remove the seat last night as it was getting dark, but found the following thread this morning, so I will be finishing the install tonight.

Attachments

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like a nice clean install! Here's a tip I learned the hard way: keep a small scrub brush and some dish detergent/simple green on the boat. Anytime you get something that might stain the seadeck, i.e.. Doritos, mustard, mud, dirt ect.. You can hit it immediately and wont be such a pain in the ass to clean later.

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like a nice clean install! Here's a tip I learned the hard way: keep a small scrub brush and some dish detergent/simple green on the boat. Anytime you get something that might stain the seadeck, i.e.. Doritos, mustard, mud, dirt ect.. You can hit it immediately and wont be such a pain in the ass to clean later.
Thanks, it went in nicely, was a little nervous with the longer pieces, but after the 1st one, I realized that it was similar to putting wraps on cornhole boards, which I do often. Thanks for the tip on the cleanup! I do keep a small bucket and some cleaning stuff on board so I will add the simple green and small scrub brush to my arsenal.