• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seats make opening the swim platform difficult

shortroyd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hi all,

I have a 2023 252SD and it came with seat cushions on top of the swim platform. They make accessing the clean out ports very frustrating - I can open the hatch, but it doesn’t open far enough for the strut to hold the hatch open, so I end up trying to hold the hatch open with my shoulder/neck while reaching in to clean out whatever debris are in there. Not to mention you have to unclick the buttons for the cushions just to get to the latches.

396624F1-F789-4B9D-8C65-E2B686B42AB4.jpeg

I ended up removing the cushions but now I just have a big white gel coat hatch which will be a slipping hazard. But at least the strut now works and the hatch opens with the seats removed.

On videos of other boats, the swim platform hatch is usually covered with marine mats instead. This looks far more convenient.

4591F6F1-D91E-4EB8-A4D7-664A551A8B4C.jpeg

Is there a trick to opening the hatch properly with the cushions in place? Or is there an official part number for the marine mats that would go in this place?

Edit: realized that JBP sell the marine mats for the swim platform so have ordered them. Would still love to know any tricks to making it work with the seats on.

Thanks

Last edited:
Maybe you can just get stronger struts.

Hi all,

I have a 2023 252SD and it came with seat cushions on top of the swim platform. They make accessing the clean out ports very frustrating - I can open the hatch, but it doesn’t open far enough for the strut to hold the hatch open, so I end up trying to hold the hatch open with my shoulder/neck while reaching in to clean out whatever debris are in there. Not to mention you have to unclick the buttons for the cushions just to get to the latches.

View attachment 205050

I ended up removing the cushions but now I just have a big white gel coat hatch which will be a slipping hazard. But at least the strut now works and the hatch opens with the seats removed.

On videos of other boats, the swim platform hatch is usually covered with marine mats instead. This looks far more convenient.

View attachment 205048

Is there a trick to opening the hatch properly with the cushions in place? Or is there an official part number for the marine mats that would go in this place?

Edit: realized that JBP sell the marine mats for the swim platform so have ordered them. Would still love to know any tricks to making it work with the seats on.

Thanks

Mate, If you don’t feel like you need the cushions all the time you could just get a piece of marine mat to cover that area that has cut outs for the snaps for the cushions, or a snap down piece of marine mat then you‘ll have a secure place to step / walk on with a little cush to sit on without the cushions. Don’t know how crowded your head compartment is, yiu could keep the cushions in there when not in use.

Back