• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoes or no shoes on a jet boat!

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Shoes or no shoes on a jet boat! What is advisable? What are the cons?

What could be the damage and ways to clean up if shoes are used.

Thanks,

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Non-marking shoes are fine. I wear shoes (Keen) as I want to be able to jump into the water, onto a dock, etc while protecting my feet. Most all of my passengers kick off their shoes once they are on board.

AEmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Non-marking shoes are fine. I wear shoes (Keen) as I want to be able to jump into the water, onto a dock, etc while protecting my feet. Most all of my passengers kick off their shoes once they are on board.
It is exactly the same on our boat. However, I tell the kids to take them off so they aren't lounging on the seats with shoes.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, conns are the area at the helm from which you steer the boat... (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Opinions vary on the topic. There is a recent thread about this same thing on here somewhere. (in fact, probably one that Sean put above) Bottom line, I think, is that a) it is up to each captain the level of risk/wear/tear to allow on the boat and 2) letting shoes on risks dirt tracked in, stones in treads, marking soles and other things that may cause damage, wear or yuck on your boat. Therefore, it is common people don't allow shoes on their boats.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My salesman accidentally wore his shoes in my boat when we were picking it up. Scuffed one of the stern cushions. Wouldn’t come off. They had to order me a new one. Cost them $400. No shoes ever!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Shoes, no shirt, there's a problem (Kenny Chesney voice)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
No shoes, period - naked feet only.

In fact I'm still trying to find a "naked feet only" sticker that will fit on the step-over under the Yamaha sign. So far they've all been too tall.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In fact I'm still trying to find a "naked feet only" sticker that will fit on the step-over under the Yamaha sign. So far they've all been too tall.
Find some lady with a Cricut and get her some UV-resistant vinyl material and the graphic you want. Somehow, they know how to work magic with those machines.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My salesman accidentally wore his shoes in my boat when we were picking it up. Scuffed one of the stern cushions. Wouldn’t come off. They had to order me a new one. Cost them $400. No shoes ever!
What an idiot, these sales people always disappoint me with their lack of knowledge..

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can’t be too careful. I also make people take shoes off in my house and in my truck. You dont like my rules too bad. Also no wine drinking or orange Cheetos in my house. I had a friend spill a glass of wine in my house and it never came up.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I allow people to step into the boat off the dock with shoes on, but only onto the seadek. Then they must be taken off right away.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Find some lady with a Cricut and get her some UV-resistant vinyl material and the graphic you want. Somehow, they know how to work magic with those machines.
Wife had a Cricut, now has a Silouette. Same premise. She makes all kinds of stuff.

My favorite is the sticker on the back window of the truck. I graduated from "Purdue Statewide College of Technology - New Albany Campus" (Now Purdue Polytechnic), which is WAY WAY WAY to much to put on a sticker on the truck. It was a big deal for me though, so I wanted a sticker. She found a font, and rearranged it to make it the "understated advertisement" I was looking for.

1600698241041.png

Only thing I hate about the Cricut is the build quality. It's just a fancy 2.5 axis CNC machine. But it's all plastic and not build exceptionally sturdy. I've been threatening to build a 3D Printer based cutting machine for a few years now.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Naked feet only, its common sense but to each their own I guess.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Shoes go into the big plastic tub under one of the seats. I keep mine out and easily available so in case I need to hop off the boat I can do so.