• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoes or no shoes on a jet boat!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Find some lady with a Cricut and get her some UV-resistant vinyl material and the graphic you want. Somehow, they know how to work magic with those machines.
Got any numbers?
:D
Seriously, I'll ask my wife to poke around...she might know someone. Thanks for the idea!

SandfleaDDH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a little collapsable basket I throw in the bow when people are boarding. I politely tell them this is where they can put their shoes. ( which are usually just flip flops anyway. No shoes. ever.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Shoes or no shoes on a jet boat! What is advisable? What are the cons?

What could be the damage and ways to clean up if shoes are used.

Thanks,
@GoodCubanito ...no shoes. Take them off before boarding and hand them to me and I store them in a container. As captain I keep a pair of shoes under my seat in case I have to enter the water or a dock in an emergency. :cool:

Krats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20200719_171716.jpg

Attachments

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can’t be too careful. I also make people take shoes off in my house and in my truck. You dont like my rules too bad. Also no wine drinking or orange Cheetos in my house. I had a friend spill a glass of wine in my house and it never came up.
In your truck?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It depends on which boat we are on. No street shoes on the Yamaha, even my docksiders. We use water shoes for launching and while at the beach.

20200926_075332.jpg

As much naked as possible.

20200926_075244.jpg

On the Beneteau, the sailboat. It is a little different. There are too many toe stubbers on deck or even in the cockpit, so boat shoes (no tread) to pickup gravel from the street, are allowed. Expect me to check the bottom of your shoes before you board. Not going to let your shoes scratch up the new teak on the sole.

20180715_115730.jpg

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In your truck?
I need to protect my expensive toys. The whole post was a joke. I was wondering when someone would call me out. People I invite to my home or on my boat are honored guests and are treated as such. Life is too short to get worked up over stuff

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sand Socks on the boat. They protect the feet and the boat.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Wear whatever you want, eat and drink whatever you want. It’s a boat and it’s going to get dirty. Hell I’ve done worse myself. Maybe I’ll change my mind if something really bad happens but for now my friends are more important that a few scratches or scuffs. Enjoy life. Just my 2 cents.

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Wear whatever you want, eat and drink whatever you want. It’s a boat and it’s going to get dirty. Hell I’ve done worse myself. Maybe I’ll change my mind if something really bad happens but for now my friends are more important that a few scratches or scuffs. Enjoy life. Just my 2 cents.
i am with you. It is a boat, not a museum.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
No shoes, they come off before boarding.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
No shoes...naked feet only...ever try to clean footprints off of Seadek or Marine Mat?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I find that most guests will treat your boat with about 15% LESS care than you treat it yourself (especially true of non-boat owners). So if you set a high standard of care for the boat they will treat it with care as well. If you allow clean shoes on the boat, guests will walk on with dirty shoes. Not every guest is this way, but the majority. Just my experience over 40 years of boat ownership. No shoes on any of my higher end boats (the fishing boat or the old pontoon is a different animal). There are always exceptions though... when my 90 year old uncle wanted to take a ride, I never considered making him take his shoes off. Yes, people over things always... but I also respect the time, effort, and dedication it took to be able to have these nice things. :winkingthumbsup"

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This one is easy. Rubbah Slippah's!

Rubbah Slippah's (flip flops) are the foot wear of the Islands plus they are the best B-52 killers (giant roach) but on board my boat everyone is bare foot AND brings water shoes if they want to walk the reefs or rocks. No dirty shoes, dirty slippah's, glass bottles and banana's on my boat!

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you guys are worried about naked feet in your boat? that's not the problem we have here in the keys... :eek: 👀

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Depends on the temperature for me… if it’s warm enough for bare feet great, if it’s too cold then shoes are fine. All I ask and do is to rinse the bottom of the shoes off to remove grit or goose shit. Side note, if I show up and the launch dock is covered in goose shit I grab my five gallon bucket or my raw water wash down and clean up the dock, takes like five mins.

Marks on the deck come off with a little elbow grease and a deck brush, if not, Star Brite deck cleaner and a little more elbow grease with a deck brush when I get home. if really stubborn a light touch with an eraser pad. This is one reason I do not have marine mat everywhere, only at the helm. It’s mainly a fishing boat, so fish slime, blood etc… usually get washed down while on the water. The traction of marine mat would be good for fishing, but I just wear non marking water shoes if that’s the case.