• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally got a pic of it hooked up as I took it to storage ahead of our next winter weather event now that the trailer is all fixed up. Yes it tows fine, actually tows it better than my FIL full size truck with a V8. Yes it stops fine. Yes it also cools fine, it has a pretty big tranny cooler running across the front grille as the previous gens had overheating issues once folks added winches up front that blocked air flow as well as added massive tires. As well as slow speed rock crawling they'd get super hot. Will say I wouldn't do this without air suspension. It has zero sway, and no sag. Can't quite tell if I need a longer drop hitch. My driveway is sloped and it looks high with 20psi in the air bags. When in a flat parking lot it looks fine....
Nice Jeep and boat! Glad to hear it tows well.

Are you over the tow rating for the Jeep? If I remember right, the JKU can tow 3,500 lbs. Im guessing your boat weigh in around ~2900 + 50 gallons of fuel + trailer?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice Jeep and boat! Glad to hear it tows well.

Are you over the tow rating for the Jeep? If I remember right, the JKU can tow 3,500 lbs. Im guessing your boat weigh in around ~2900 + 50 gallons of fuel + trailer?
It's probably really close. I've been really impressed with how well it does. It yanks that thing right out of the water with ease, too.

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's probably really close. I've been really impressed with how well it does. It yanks that thing right out of the water with ease, too.
I recently picked up a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2 door) and been debating if I will tow my SX190 with it. I can't find concrete answer on the tow rating. Owners manual, internet, jeep website, etc dont match. Some say 3500 lbs with the 4.10/3.73 gearing (Rubicon) and others 2000 lbs.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I recently picked up a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2 door) and been debating if I will tow my SX190 with it. I can't find concrete answer on the tow rating. Owners manual, internet, jeep website, etc dont match. Some say 3500 lbs with the 4.10/3.73 gearing (Rubicon) and others 2000 lbs.
The 2 door is 2000 lbs, the 4 door with the 3.73s or 4.10s is 3500. However the 4 door anywhere else in the world is 4400lbs. You'd likely be OK for short distances. Like me I don't plan to go on 8 hour trips with this thing behind me. Sure it can do it, but not worth the risk. I'll likely pick up the Gladiator in a year or 2. So hard with no car payment to hop back into one. Wife wants me to keep this jeep and get the JT.

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 2 door is 2000 lbs, the 4 door with the 3.73s or 4.10s is 3500. However the 4 door anywhere else in the world is 4400lbs. You'd likely be OK for short distances. Like me I don't plan to go on 8 hour trips with this thing behind me. Sure it can do it, but not worth the risk. I'll likely pick up the Gladiator in a year or 2. So hard with no car payment to hop back into one. Wife wants me to keep this jeep and get the JT.
I went to jeeps website and pulled the electronic owners manual for the 2016 JK Rubicon and it shows 3500 lbs as the towing capacity. I also reached out to Jeep directly who confirmed 3500 for the Rubicon with the proper gearing.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I went to jeeps website and pulled the electronic owners manual for the 2016 JK Rubicon and it shows 3500 lbs as the towing capacity. I also reached out to Jeep directly who confirmed 3500 for the Rubicon with the proper gearing.
Yeah I saw the manual as well and it does say that. Wonder what changed as the current 2 door regardless is 2000lbs.

Attachments

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I saw the manual as well and it does say that. Wonder what changed as the current 2 door regardless is 2000lbs.
I’m not sure. Jeep didn’t specify. I provided my VIN and then they confirmed and sent me the link to the owners manual.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m not sure. Jeep didn’t specify. I provided my VIN and then they confirmed and sent me the link to the owners manual.
Get air suspension. I got the airlift 1000 for my jeep. Like $80 on amazon. Worth every penny! I have zero sag and no sway in turns or on the highway.

Put the fill valve there, inflate to 20 psi for my 212 and she's perfect!

Attachments

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My tow rig is a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.4L AWD. Added a Derale 13503 transmission cooler and pulled it 25 miles from the dealership. Put the SFS in sport mode and manually shifted. Did just fine on the highway. Now stored 1 mile from the lake, with the occasional 8 mile trip home for a wax job.

BTW, pulls the SX195 out of the water just fine. No strain or wheel spin. View attachment 82861
Cool! My mom has the same truck and I was thinking to use it for my AR195. But the tow rating is border line for that engine. I was thinking it would suffer through the mountains.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, that SRT is nice. Trying to talk the wife into that when her lease is up later this summer.

Crazy how that boat can make a full size truck look small.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't done any towing yet, but definitely having a blast with launch control.
That thing have AWD? Durango R/T was high on my list, and I was |...| that far from getting one. Had the Trailblazer SS to trade in, and this seemed like a logical next step. Was having a hard time finding an R/T with a sunroof and bench 2nd row in my price range. Ended up looking a my Sierra and went that direction instead. Still somewhat wish I would've gotten the 3row SUV instead.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That thing have AWD? Durango R/T was high on my list, and I was |...| that far from getting one. Had the Trailblazer SS to trade in, and this seemed like a logical next step. Was having a hard time finding an R/T with a sunroof and bench 2nd row in my price range. Ended up looking a my Sierra and went that direction instead. Still somewhat wish I would've gotten the 3row SUV instead.
Yep. All SRT DD's are AWD. I actually had the R/T previously and I wasn't necessarily looking for a new vehicle, but they are really dealing on the SRT's and wow are they fun to drive.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. All SRT DD's are AWD. I actually had the R/T previously and I wasn't necessarily looking for a new vehicle, but they are really dealing on the SRT's and wow are they fun to drive.
Big hit on the mileage between the R/T and the SRT?

I like the ZF8HP transmission and 3 rows with over 350hp portion. Not sure I could stomach the payment at this point.

Was considering talking the wife into a Durango, then getting me something used and paid off.......Just paid $1k in registration fees for all 3 vehicles though, so I might wait another year.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What’s “really dealing” equate to? Sounds like you had a trade in involved, so I realize it maybe difficult to say definitively.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here's mine...Honda Odyssey Touring Edition (3.5L).
IMG_0705.JPGIMG_0707.JPG

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length